Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dialled Bikes Morning Glory- Tyre clearance?
  • eviljoe
    Free Member

Hey all,

Just got mine built up (pics will follow when I’ve got all the mud off it again…)

put on some 2.3 conti verticals, and getting a buzzing sound from behind.. tyre is very close to the lh chainstay-3-5 mm, but still got good clearance the other side. Wheels are Hope xc’s, and the rear brake works fine- What is wonky here?

Cheers

Joe

Tom83

Might be that the wheel needs re-dishing? Does it wobble when it rotates?

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

Tyre could even be seated badly – let all the air out and unseat the tyre from the rim, and blow it up again…

eviljoe
    Free Member

Could be, but I can’t see any wobble when I spin the wheel..

balfa
    Free Member

Yeah the tyre clearance is not great on the MGs. I went from a prince albert to an MG and found my tyres would no longer fit. I’ve been running 2.1 Kenda Nevegal which is more like a 2.3 and I think that is as big a tyre as would safely fit. Also been running Maxxis Advantage 2.1s (again bigish for size) with no problems. I’m surprised 2.3 Verticals don’t fit though. they are a pretty small 2.3. They were smaller than Nevegals. Dish/True your wheel then try again I reckon.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Yeah, I have a set of 2.3 Nevegals- they are definitely bigger than the Verticals. Does sound like I’m going to have to get the wheel re- trued..

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Always ran 2.1 max on mine cos of the poor clearance. Ran a big un ont front though 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Bikes Morning Glory- Tyre clearance?’ is closed to new replies.