Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Dialled Alpine owners
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

bikechain – several people across the country have just done a sex wee in their pants.

I believe Mike has pondered this before

hora
    Free Member

Ti Alpine

Mike, hello 🙂

Radioman

i would buy one

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    julioflo
    Free Member

I have a Mk 1 PA and am Alpine curious also.
    Anyone recall the weight of the Mk1 frame. As I occasioinally enter an enduro type race and like covering some miles [but also like my trips to Gawton and only want 1 bike] I keep thinking a lighter frame would be nice, but I want the angles of the Alpine…. At 5.5lbs for the current Alpine, it’s never going to be lighter than the Mk1 PA, or is it?
    Am I a confused individual?

Jamie
    Free Member

Probably falls somewhere between the Soul/Inbred category and the BEF/Blue Pig/456SS/Alpine category.

Yes…I am niche-tastic.

scruff
    Free Member

Ti Alpine, maybe if it was a proper Lynskey or whoever type frame. Not if is a Eastern sourced one, would just prefer an 853 sticker on my tubes TBH so I know the quality of the metal.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thoughts please:
    Ti Alpine… how many of you would be interested if said mythical beast were to exist?

Not a chance. Probably £1000’s for a frame thats meant for braying down a hill. You wouldnt want to take it off any jumps for fear of breaking it.

I think I would have preffered it if it was made of cheaper steel like the PA and was a bit less expensive.

hora
    Free Member

Could we organise a vigilante-mob to besiege and make mike do it?

soobalias
    Free Member

why would i want a Ti Alpine, the steel one is great. I very much doubt it can be improved by changing material.

still there are plenty of folk with more money than sense, so a limited edition batch would no doubt sell.

Jamie
    Free Member

Could we organise a vigilante-mob to besiege and make mike do it?

Crack on then.

The only alterations that would be worth doing to the Alpine would be to go fully 853.

Ti Alpine…tsk…*wanders off muttering*

scruff
    Free Member

My only criticism is that I never smack my peggils so the BB could be dropped a bit for me. And mine isnt black (yet).

BruceWee

I’ve got a 15.5 Mk1 with 2-step lyriks and I absolutely love it for just about everything. One thing that I noticed was that on downhills I always seem to be trying to get it as flat as possible on the corners. Great fun. Is it something to do with the geometry that I’m doing this or is it just in my head?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

slack head angle = more lean into corners = hooliganish fun

Burchy1
    Free Member

Am i right in thinking i’ve seen a pic of one with an EBB??
    I’d pay for one of those.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeh, one of the guys who guides in les arcs has/had one.

giantjason
    Free Member

i saw that green Alpine with an EBB if they started to produce it i would buy one straight away!!

Ti Alpine – heart says maybe, head (and bank account) says no. Only real benefit to Ti would be the lighter weight (and not having to clean it) because it would be burlier than other Ti frames, so it wouldn’t necessarily ride any differently to the steel version. It would just be lighter.

EBB Alpine – yes, 2 exist. No plans at present to produce unless at least 20 people say they want a long travel singlespeedable frame. A lot easier to produce than a Ti version as the drawings are already done and samples are already made and tested.

Rich_s

…with a removable dropout to allow belt drive Mike? 😉

Burchy1
    Free Member

EBB Alpine – yes, 2 exist. No plans at present to produce unless at least 20 people say they want a long travel singlespeedable frame.

Me, me, me, in apple green aswell please. You only need another 19 now. 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think you should make a frame a bit like one of those new charge ones. About 5.5lbs, steel, bit like a PA but better geo for hacking about (i.e. shorter stays, shorter top tube, lower bb etc.) I’d buy an 18inch one I reckon.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

on that note talking about the alpine and how it climbs – amazing for its size and weight, i thought it would be just another bike that’s better on the downhills but i tried an alpine 160 out the other day and took it up one of the climbs on the Mary Townley loop to test it and it got up it no problem, shocked the hell out of me, it was light on the front i think that’s what did it for me but saying that i don’t mean its heavy on the back either it was just perfect, its a bike made for everything, ups and downs im buying one soon highly recommend one but that’s me as i already have a xc bike and looking for something with a bit more umph 😀

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

chris_mbuk – are we talking about the same Alpines?

Dialled Alpine:

Orange Alpine 160:

Those Shimano wheels still look so bling…

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

no im on about the alpine 160 with the cane creek coil shock lol

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Beauty and the Beast

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

pimpmaster that dialled alpine is a stunner and a really nice build (looks at 456 in garage and gives it a sulky kick)

Jamie
    Free Member

pimpmaster that dialled alpine is a stunner and a really nice build

*blushes*

jimmy

interesting thoughts on the Ti Alpine. I’d like to think it would be my ideal bike.

ash

EBB Alpine

This?
    (yes, yes, high front end… it was a while back, I’ve seen the error of my ways now :))

Can we have an Ti-EBB Alpine please Mike? I guess not, but FYI I would buy one tomorrow.

nickc

It would just be lighter.

so would Ally. I’d buy one of those

freeridenick
    Free Member

I would buy a TI Alpine Mike. Please build one 😛

Burchy1
    Free Member

ash – Member

EBB Alpine

This?

Look into my eyes Ash, you WANT to sell me that frame, you WANT to sell me that frame. 😉

emaroid
    Free Member

Plus 1 me on the list for a ti alpine with adjustable drops or ebb for a rohloff

ojom
    Free Member

We have 2 prototypes coming this week.

They do not have EBB or adjustable dropouts at this stage.

Here is a pic

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Mark, do you need a test rider? I can be there in 5 minutes. 😉
    Cost?

ojom
    Free Member

Tests lined up already but you will be very welcome to borrow one for a weekend.

Hoping to get as many people on them as possible.

ruminant
    Free Member

Hi

That prototype looks alot like a Brodie Ti Holeshot??

Dino
    Free Member

Yep thats a clone!!
    The rear mech holder, drop outs and rear disc brake mount and brace are identicaL for starters?

http://www.brodiebikes.com/2011/images/bikes_large/holeshot_ti.png

ojom
    Free Member

Yeah apart from the ISCG, the headtube there is little different.

You could say the Brodie Holeshot is a copy of a steel Alpine/ Dialled Bikes Holeshot as well i suppose.

it’s some triangles welded together, there are only so many variations on a basic theme. 😀

Dino
    Free Member

Apparently the Brodie is also avaliable with the ISCG tabs as well ?According to the holeshot thread that pre dates this post.
    I suppose Brodie may find it flattering 😛

si-wilson
    Free Member

The latest holeshot has ISCG tabs with a semi integrated HT.

The normal alu holeshot was out a long time before the dialled bikes alpine, and was in fact probably the original hardcore HT 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Alpine owners’ is closed to new replies.