Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dialled Alpine owners – what forks are you using?
  • DrRSwank
    Free Member

Pretty much as it says really. Just toying with new forks and wondered what people were using.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I had lyrik u-turn on mine, usually set around 130-140. I have considered getting another one and would probably run some 36 floats lowered to 130mm.

souldrummer
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2005 pair of Marzocchi Z1s on mine. 150mm of coil plushness seems just right.

CrispyCSW

Had Marzocchi 55s dropped to 140, but have just changed to some 36 floats dropped to 140 and they feel much better.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Hmmmmm,

I’ve got Marzocchi Z150’s at the moment. I quite fancy Lyrics to get the adjustability of travel so it’s not too wayward on the climbs.

Time to go shopping……..

souldrummer
    Free Member

My Z1s have ETA so climbing isn’t too much of an issue. I have been toying with the idea of changing them for some time, but the fact that they keep working and new forks are so expensive, and not much lighter, has kept the money in my wallet.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I thought the alpine was designed around a 160/70mm fork?? Or does that only work on the downs?

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I think it can run upto 160 but Mike recommends 130 for general pooling hence the thought that lyrics would be good.

mpw
    Free Member

454 Pikes on mine, sagged a bit for steep climbs;

stuartfung
    Free Member

Would the above recommendations be valid for the MK1 of the Alpine as I have just acquired a size 16.5 frame and need to start the build on that.

tutgareth
    Free Member

140mm 454 coil Pikes on mine which I think make it a perfect all rounder 😀

chi11i
    Free Member

454 Pikes circa 09/10 – perfect. Sure there are better/newer forks… but the old Pikes ride so well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Alpine owners – what forks are you using?’ is closed to new replies.