Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dialled Alpine obscure geometry question
  • peterd
    Free Member

Calling all Alpine 15.5″ x 21″ owners…

Could someone measure the ”reach” and “stack” of the frame please (and let me know your fork type or length) as I am trying to decide if it will fit?

The easiest way I found is to measure the vertical height of the centre of the BB, the vertical height of the centre of the top race (difference = stack) and the straight line distance from the centre of the BB to the centre of the top race (elementary trigonometry does the rest).

Thanks for your help…

alpin
    Free Member

so the distance between the top of head tube and BB. horizontal from head tube and vertical from BB.

if that’s the case i’ll run down stairs and measure up.

MrSmith
    Free Member

what’s wrong with effective top tube! once you know your ideal cockpit length it’s easy to work out if a bike is going to fit.
    you don’t need a plumb line, set square, protractor, slide rule and 3 pairs of hands to measure it either. 🙂

peterd
    Free Member

Alpin,

Yeap the first part is correct and then two vertical measurements from the ground, one to the centre BB and one to the centre to the top race.

Much appreciated!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

you’ve been reading MBR haven’t you?

peterd
    Free Member

Alpin (or any other 15.5×21″ owners) – is any one able to measure this for me please?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Alpine obscure geometry question’ is closed to new replies.