Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dialled Alpine frame with rigid forks
  • lawrence0329
    Free Member

Need some advice.

Would it work well considering it’s suited for 120-160mm forks?
    Want to make it into a school bike. Don’t wanna be bringing revelations (might get damaged), there are some idiots out there.

Cheers,
    Lawrence

alpin
    Free Member

use a 29er rigid fork? longer a-c length.

letmetalktomark

I guess its possible but there must be so better options.

A 470mm rigid fork would help mimic a 120mm suspension fork but might look a bit odd.

lawrence0329
    Free Member

I think that’d look ridiculous with 26″ wheel.
    Want a build that I can try at the bmx park too.

Good sugestion though.

lawrence0329
    Free Member

Don’t wanna purchase another suspension fork, because I have 3 140-150mm forks already but they’re too valuable to leave locked at school.

alpin
    Free Member

i’d say that a the frame/bike was too valuable to leave at school if you’re that worried about the fork.

it’s pretty easy to nick a seat post/saddle, bars/stem, cranks, brakes and mechs with a #5 allen key. much eaasier in fact than it is to nick a fork.

buy a pub bike?

v666ern
    Free Member

what school do you go to, honestly we’ve had £20 sh1tter shopping bikes nicked from outside work…
    thats going walkies quicker than a spaniel into a bush

Northwind

The price of a set of decent rigid forks will be more than a cheap ancient mtb, and there’s other benefits to that too- reduces wear and tear on your good bike.

And yeah, 29er forks, if you must do it. Does look a bit odd but it works, which is better than not looking odd but being too short.

ton

i put some pipedream rigids on my 456 last week.
    they are a 29r fork iirc, and work ace. £50ish new

alpin
    Free Member

i’ve a 29er fork on my Sanderson. works fine, looks fine hence me recommending it. it does shake the crap out of my wrists, mind, so urban duties only.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Alpine frame with rigid forks’ is closed to new replies.