• This topic has 26 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Dialled Alpine..
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Anyone got a red one?

Want to see what they look like..

Infact, lets just see 'em all..

Im thinking of stripping my Heckler, and putting all the bits onto one of these.

Or are there any altenatives?

ahwiles
    Free Member

blue pig, loving mine.

very slack head angle (without daft forks) for descending, steep seat tube for climbing*.

(*geometry may not work outside yorkshire)

alexxx
    Free Member

i might be selling my alpine for £200 its boltgun grey, awesome bikes ive just got too many 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mine was fun but I didn't/don't need anything so burly.

JimBowen
    Free Member

Mmmbop

As ahwiles loving it. previously never thought of a hardtail until i had a demo on an mmmbop. stripped my full suss down for the build and never looked back

soobalias
    Free Member

i got a red one
    best described as toffee apple red.

i do have some ropey phone pics, if i remember i will pop back later and post them

barrykellett
    Free Member

LOVE IT

hora
    Free Member

Green one makes it look lush

scruff
    Free Member

I have a red one but dont have any pics. I would prefer a green tbh. Best HT I’ve ever had, if I had the money to get full Ti custom I would base it on the Alpine geometry. BB is a bit high maybe, but that’s my only quiffle, you can p1ss about on it or ride it all day over big hills, its really quite comfy and stable, climbs well considering the slackish front. I find it best with 140mm forks & I think a non-divey fork is needed. I’ve had 2 hecklers, got rid of the last one to get a DH bike and kept my Alpine for everything else.

Alternatives- Ragely, Cotic, Evil, Genesis, etc etc

giantjason
    Free Member

i have a red one that i dont use anymore. will post some pics up later of what it looked like built up.

i currently have the frame in the classifieds here

jimmy

I loved mine. Still got it and it might be getting built back up very soon. I swapped it for something lighter and a full suss for the summer, but it pretty much did the job of the full suss, just a bit heavy. But think I'll just MTFU (plus my Zocchis were weighty, they're now gone).

In short, ACE bikes, you won't be disappointed. It might be too burly for most stuff but thats just the bike it is.

jimmy

Best HT I’ve ever had, if I had the money to get full Ti custom I would base it on the Alpine geometry.

I think exactly the same and have made various hints in Mike's direction for this to no avail 🙁 Started looking in to getting one custom made from China but got lost in translation…

giantjason
    Free Member

heres a pic of my red one that i am currently selling

Vortexracing

purple one here, now replaced with a BFe

Urchinboy
    Free Member

I love my 2008 dark grey one. Although that green one up there looks very cool. I swear its as fast as my full suss bike on twisty singletrack. Can't find any easily postable pics though, so here's a vid of me riding it 🙂

souldrummer
    Free Member

I have a Mk 1 and it is brilliant. So much fun, so stable and has got me out of trouble on more than one occasion. Has got me down stuff I have never been able to ride on any other bike. Need to put a lighter fork on it and then it would be perfect.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Heres a pic of my old one. A dead good bike

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nooo..

Just got an Email from Mike, and he's only got red ones left… 😐

And, I'm not sure I like the colour..

🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

cynic-al:
    Mine was fun but I didn't/don't need anything so burly.

This^^

….which led to this:

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Jamie, I'm allready a fully paid up member of the Dialled Bikes appreciation society, but just wanted something to go with this….

Gotama
    Free Member

Teeto YGM

cynic-al
    Free Member

I just kept my superlight seel hardtail!

rs
    Free Member

My Alpine, still loving it over a year later. Six hours of Whistler XC on it a few weeks back, pads and full face on at the weekend for some North Shore riding. Thinking about a respray to freshen it up a bit but can't decide on a colour.

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

Ahem, I've got a red 'bert

I loff it

GEDA
    Free Member

soobalias
    Free Member

hora
    Free Member

Geda yours looks like a 16"? SOOBalias yours is a 18"? How tall are you guys and how are you finding the sizing?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Alpine..’ is closed to new replies.