Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Dialled Albert classic, just arrived!
  • LoCo
    Free Member

As above it’s just arrived may pull an all nighter Thursday to get it ready for the Weekender if I can manage it 😀

teamslug
    Free Member

Before you build it stick it on the scales and weigh it for me. I’m very close to pulling the credit card trigger on one but its a toss up between that or a soul or a kili flyer cromo or a c456 or a pipedream sirius…………

soobalias
    Free Member

does that mean ive now run out of time to service my revs and order my new drivetrain bits. rats.

LoCo
    Free Member

2340 Grams/5.159 Lbs 19.5, non decals but a couple of bits of helitape 😉

jonjonjon3
    Free Member

Oooh! got any photos!

Rickos
    Free Member

That’s a good weight for a big frame.

LoCo
    Free Member
    rOcKeTdOg

Nice, still look nicer with the superfluous extra tube though

LoCo
    Free Member

Yeah I wish I hadn’t sold my Gen 1 4130. have a gen 2 520 as well, which I may sell or keep for a ‘lender bike’

brakes
    Free Member

would be interesting to know how it rides compared to the 520/725 versions

LoCo
    Free Member

well all the bit are just being swapped for now until the other stuff arrives so will let you know 😀

rob2
    Free Member

Just got home and opened mine.

Matte black 15.5. Really impressed. Finish and welding is superb.

Thanks mike!

grahamt1980

Got mine in red today. Absolutely loving the colour. Will try to get it built up on the weekend. Not as if it will be a challenge as the bits are coming from my grey mk 2 pa.
    Cheers mike

allthepies
    Free Member

Ohhh, nice!

Loco, I hope that line across the head tube is helicopter tape and not a scratch!

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi Mike, yes that’s badly applied heli tape, it’s coming off and I’m getting a professional (my next door neighbour) to MX tape it all for me, this ones a keeper 😉

nedrapier

Can’t wait to get mine. A little piece of card isn’t quite the same.

Simon, if it’s good stuff, can you let me know the brand of MX tape your neighbour uses?

Ta!

LoCo
    Free Member

He’s a vinyl wrapped, drift cars and that kind of thing it’s £10 a metre 😯 but we’ll see what result he gets and let you know, the stuff on there is biketart supplied and about 100 mg he reckons the mX stuf is 300 so really thick, hoping it’s not too thick and makes it look rubbish.

diawl2
    Free Member

Where’s mine? 😥

jambalaya
    Free Member

A little piece of card isn’t quite the same.

Took me an hour to get to/from post office to collect my Chamonix Bike Book yesterday. Fortunately the PA frame is coming to the office, just have to get it home on the tube/train !

soobalias
    Free Member

i have a strange feeling that mike doesnt have an address for me – unless he got it from my last frame purchase

not had access to my email for a couple of days either!

Tom83

Nice… Love/Hate in 853 would be pretty awesome too!

If you’ve ordered one and paid both the deposit and the balance, and not received it yet, send me your address and contact phone number so I don’t have to chase you for it.

All pre-ordered frames will be with customers by next Friday. They’re going out in batches of 7 or 8 per day between now and then.

Tom, I got your e-mail, but may as well reply here. New versions of the Love/Hate are way off my radar at present. I’m focussing on the Prince Albert trilogy for now: PA Classic, PA 29’er and PA Long Travel. One down, two to go!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Oooo… Love my Love/ Hate…

But one in 853??

Hell yeah!

Baldysquirt

PA Long Travel sounds fun – a replacement of the Alpine or to compliment it?

batfink
    Free Member

Had an email from mike on Tuesday… Very excited about my battleship grey turning up! I’ve bought some cheap revs from on one, and now just have to exercise a bit of self control and not rush off and buy everything else all at once 😳

PA Long Travel will complement the Alpine, not replace it. It’ll be more hardcore than a Prince Albert, but slightly less hardcore than an Alpine.

A couple of prototypes are currently out in the field. Probably need one more iteration/sample, before signing off on production later this year.

Tom83

Cheers for the reply Mike, I’ll be 1st on the list when you get round to the Love/Hates!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Nice, I wonder if anyone would like my 456ti frame as I fancy a PA

Mate just picked up an orange coloured 520 PA. its nice, apart from the colour that is.

Tom83

My old PA frame was amazing, really regret selling it now (bit of a dialled bikes fanboy!). If i had the money to build up another i would for sure. Paired with 140 revs it was a hoot.

Having said that, i think my love/hate is my fave of the two, just seems to make ride better than my crappy skills would normally be capable of, very forgiving with only a 100mm fork.

mangoridebike

If and when you do redo the love/hates can I suggest that you return to the approach you took with the mk1 and put a mech hanger on it?

I love my mk1 and one of the many reason why is due to its flexibility, changing between ss and 1×9 is easy and opens up its useability dramatically.

intrigued by the concept of a PA29 as well 🙂 Can you post some pics of the prototypes?

julioflo
    Free Member

Mike,
    Have a MK1 PA (pink) and love it. Although riding a Rush at the moment. But I intend to convert to 29erness at some point in the next year. If there was a 29er version of the PA, then that would be the bike for me. SO, very interested to hear more of the PA29er plans….

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Julio, you should just 650b your Rush.

scruff
    Free Member

Mike, any thoughts on a Reverb compatible seattube ?

julioflo
    Free Member

Chunky(Stu) It would go wouldn’t it….Lefty needed though.
    Masses of rear clearance….i was possibly one of the only people at 24/12 this past weekend whose frame did not completely clog up…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I think the rear of your rush would take a 650b easily as it doesn’t have the brace like the later ones (a few have been done on the MTBR cannondale forum). Lots of new 650b forks coming out 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

Are they really in Epsom? That’s (nearly) my manor!

Support your local bike maker I say, initially with the purchase of (ahem) a third hand frame …

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have mine. That’s a proper red. Nice work Mike.

No photo’s sorry, the frame needs to stay in the packing to get it home.

mattjg
    Free Member

There’s no mention of these on Dialled’s site that I can see. It’ll be nice to see some built-up pics too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mattjg – I first heard about them on here as Mike was “advetising” to get a certain number of pre-orders before committing to the manufacturing run

There are a few news items on the dialed site.

EDIT: first one on 24 Jan dialled news page

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Albert classic, just arrived!’ is closed to new replies.