Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Diagnosis tips for a (possibly broken) toe?
  • skidsareforkids
    Free Member

My wife left a pair of boots lying in the middle of the floor AGAIN and I accidentally tripped on one in my bare feet. Ridiculous i know, but there was an audible crack and now it hurts like a bitch. Can bend it a tiny bit before it gets too sore and has swollen. Don’t want to go to the hospital cos we’re just about to leave on a two day car journey i’ve been looking forward to… Using ice and Aleve right now, but wanted to seek advice on the down-low before bothering the wife…
    Cheers

RustySpanner

My partner does the same with plates and cups. Drives me absolutely mental.
    One day there will be a reckoning new patio.

Sounds broken to me.

Ask your wife to cover the cost of the missed trip and any expenses involved.

oldnick

As a physio said to me, “if you think it might be broken, it is”.

Big toe would need looking at, but the smaller ones just leave them to get on with it, pad and splint to the next toe meant I kept working each time I’ve done this.

b1gj0hn
    Free Member

Broke my big toe when I was younger, apart from confirming it was broken the doc/hospital didn’t do anything. Couple of years later did the same thing to the big toe on the other foot, didn’t bother with the hospital or anything this time and it healed fine.
    Unless it needs reset or anything like that I don’t think they can do much for u, they might give u a set of crutches though!

glupton1976
    Free Member

Is it bent? If not tape it to the next one and get on with it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I crushed my second toe and they did nowt for that

They took 1 look at my feet and were sayin the toe was the least of my worries after running te iroc. All my toe nails were off and i had blisters on my blisters – then i dropped a wheelie bin on my toe !

Coyote
    Free Member

Which toe? If big one, A&E. If not, do as glupton1976 says and tape to next biggest.

Anna-B
    Free Member

IME broken toes are indescribably painful. So painful I couldn’t even hop on the good foot. Hospital didn’t do anything though other than give me a pair of crutches.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice guys! Went to hospital and they confirmed it was broken. They just taped it to it’s neighbour and sent me on my way… The wife still isn’t taking any responsibility 🙄 Atleast the interesting colours it’s been changing have kept me entertained over the last week!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

One of mine is still bent from hitting a pile of logs at speed (enough to significantly bend a crank) not the big one not much they can do. Tape and carry on with pain killers and glaring.

shifter
    Free Member

Where there’s a blame; there’s a claim 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Diagnosis tips for a (possibly broken) toe?’ is closed to new replies.