• This topic has 35 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Diagnose me doctors of STW
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Feel right as ninepence. Everything is working fine. Not feeling ill at all, in fact I went off to race on Saturday.

However I’m having random breathing issues, like I can’t get a good lung of air.
    Two weeks ago I did badly in a race. The following week I pulled out of a club ride. Last night I was really struggling to breathe. Actually worried properly for the first time in my life.
    Trying to keep calm and see what happens tonight. Repeat performance and it’s off to the GP.

Eight weeks ago we got two cats, that’s when it started. I went to France for a week as was fine. Surely not the cats? can’t be that bad, it was scary.

allthegear
    Free Member

Given breathing is fairly important – go now. Not later. Now.

Rachel

scruff9252

You have breathing issues, and have done so for 3 weeks? Id call NHS 24 now and probably speak to a real Dr!

scotroutes

Maybe you are allergic to something. Cats perhaps?

leffeboy

4 posts and no-one has done ‘that’ joke. Well done

Junkyard
    Free Member

Possibly cats but FFS see a Dr as you cannot breathe properly

Men 🙄

MikeG

Cat Aids?

oldgit
    Free Member

No runny nose or sore eyes. It’s like a yawn you can’t complete.

hot_fiat

I get that with cats and more dramatically with horses. But, as others have suggested, ffs, phone nhs direct now anyway & get a proper diagnosis sorted.

Edit: Just read your last post, as if your diaphragm won’t expand?

oldgit
    Free Member

Yes.
    Not eating helps a bit.
    No soreness in the breathing, sometimes very mild wheezing.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Asthma / Allergy / Infection / severe deep seated psychological issues due to being adopted coupled with angina and ebola.

oldgit
    Free Member

Not bad cloudnine. One out of three, never had angina or ebola though.

welshfarmer

Asthma.. bought on by the cats.

Mine only ever gets bad when handling old dusty hay. Took the doc all of 20 seconds to diagnose as asthma. Been taking the preventer ever since and have been fine. Age at diagnosis = 45 (though looking back there have been episodes in the past I am sure)

McHamish
    Free Member

…never had angina or Ebola though.

Till now.

cinnamon_girl

Thyroid? Shortness of breath is a sign.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

What bike have you got 😈

Only joking hope youre OK

Houns

Drac

I could give you a long list of what it could be, go and see your GP that’s what they’re there for.

butcher

I’m no doctor, but breathing issues could indicate heart problems. Whether it happens again or not, best to get it checked out I reckon.

Jamz
    Free Member

The Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture UK

would you like prawn cracker with thaaaaaaa????

toemul
    Free Member

Exercise induced asthma maybe.

dr_death
    Free Member

Please don’t ring 111/NHS dire and expect to get a sensible answer, certainly if you mention breathing problems then be expecting Drac to turn up on your drive with his blue light taxi.

Go see your GP for a sensible answer.

Drac

Please don’t ring 111/NHS dire and expect to get a sensible answer, certainly if you mention breathing problems then be expecting Drac to turn up on your drive with his blue light taxi.

I hope not I’m just in form work but yup it’ll trigger a 8 minute response to you shortness of breath of 3 weeks, we’ll have 8 minutes to get there or get fined.

Trekster

As a lifelong asthma sufferer I am allergic to most animals and loads of other stuff 🙄

Cats are bad……from one of the many online self diagnostic sites ❗

Signs of Cat Allergies
    Cat allergies may not appear for several days if either sensitivity or allergen levels are low.

When an allergic person breathes in pet dander (dead skin), it may cause swelling and itching of the membranes around the eyes and nose. This usually leads to eye inflammation and a stuffy nose.

The skin around a cat scratch may become red as well.

Some cat dander is also small enough to enter a person’s lungs. When this happens, the allergen will combine with antibodies that may, in a severely allergic person, cause symptoms such as difficulty breathing, coughing, and wheezing.

Some people may develop a rash on their faces, necks, or upper chest as well. Cat allergies can also lead to chronic asthma—between 10 and 30 percent of asthma sufferers will have a severe attack ?upon coming in contact with a cat.

My current trigger is the increase in people firing up their fashionable, renewable fires 👿 Seriously considering a Respro this year as I am already struggling during my commute to work. Drove in tonight and even felt myself tightening up driving through one of the “hot spots”

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Pneumonic plague, see a doctor.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Fur ball

see a vet doctor

SaxonRider

I’m a doctor, but unless your symptoms are something that can be found in late antique Latin or Greek manuscripts, I’m afraid I can’t help, so probably best to see one of those medical professionals commonly called doctors. 😛

More seriously though, and not to worry you unduly, but please don’t wait with a breathing problem it might be nothing serious, but it might be something that needs to be dealt with ASAP. But you already knew that.

Woody
    Free Member

What DrD and Drac said and can I repeat – don’t call 111, Houns is only drumming up business! :|I

New cats at the same time as onset of symptoms does sound like too much of a coincidence though, especially as you were fine when in France.

oldgit
    Free Member

Had bloods done, buying otc anti histamine, prescribed a steroid spray, re-check Thursday. then a breathing test….spiro something.
    Told racing isn’t a problem, a quick puff of some gear she had was great.

DrP

spiro something.

It’s spyro the dragon.

DrP

Speshpaul

“Cats are bad” Mmmkay.

“prescribed a steroid spray” lets just stick with the breathing issue. You may want to start a thread under another for that one!

oldgit
    Free Member

Might be winning by December 😀

Smudger666

Lol old git – you typed that as I was asking MrsSmudger – the asthma nurse at the local GP practice.

She said she would prescribe anti hystamine in the first instance and a blue inhaler to help the acute symptoms but it’s likely to be the cats. Too coincidental not to consider it as the likely source of the problem.

And it’s a spirometry test – you’ll blow into a small tube with a fan that measures your lung functions.

Good luck

Smudger666

She also says that the fact that you responded so well to the inhaler means it’s asthma.

oldgit
    Free Member

Pretty well how it went Smudger666. Starting with the nose/upper end.

Long history of minor problems I’ve never done anything about. Mainly nasal drip. cold like symptoms when I wake up that soon clear up, that causes sore throats. Sniffy with dust and pollen, but never needed tabs or anything.
    The fact that I race i.e push the old ticker classed me as ‘cusp’?

Seemed concerned my abdomen ached, but that’s just because I can’t get the air in, I keep yawning.

Cheers

Houns

Only 8 mins if he’s gasping for every breath and can hardly speak.

I’d wager an ED 4 hours

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Diagnose me doctors of STW’ is closed to new replies.