Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Diadora Shoes
  • richmtb

Anyone any experience of Diadora MTB race shoes?

These look like a good buy, ratchet system and carbon sole. The equivalent Specialized shoes are around £130

Ta

Rich

downshep

Just bought the wife Diadora Cayanos for spin classes and gentle pootling. CRC charged £18 for genuinely good quality kit, stunning value. I’ve still got a pair of Diadora Jalapenos from 1998 that simple won’t die. Only caveat is they come up a bit narrow.

Buy ’em and try ’em. You can always return ’em.

richmtb

Buy ’em and try ’em. You can always return ’em.

A very good point sir!

colnagokid

Ive got some more “racey” Diadoras and the quality is class, but as downshep says they size up a bit snug

TheSwede
    Free Member

I’ve been buying these for a while. Comfy and keep the water out quite well. Not like a proper winter boot but hey. They don’t usually last me longer than two winters. Bargain though.
    http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/Apparel/Shoes/Shoes+-+MTB/Diadora+All+Terrain+MTB+Shoes_DIADORA-ALL-TERRAIN.htm

matt_outandabout

I have the same shoes as the Swede. Comfy, well made, good grip, ‘splash proof’ more than full winter boot and I have now nearly worn out my second pair. I find them stiffer than my old shimano’s and Axo’s but not as stiff as the specialized comps I had last. I treat mine with Nikwax tent proof as well for extra environmental rejection capabilities. Great for hike a bike as well.

Excellent value – surprised I don’t see more of their kit out on the trails.

BigR

I have the non-carbon version. The sizing appears accurate and adjustable for width. They hold my heel much better than my specialized shoes. The insole is crap – I swapped in for an old spesh one and am very happy with them.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

had a pair of chilis for over 10 years as my only MTB shoes, finally killed by a rock strike that tore a hole in the front (and nearly took a toe off…).

So I was delighted to see CRC doing them for 30 quid, half what I paid back in 1998. They make motorbike (and football apparently, not that I’d know) boots so they know what theyre doing, and the quality and durability is up there.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My Chillis are still going strong after 4 or 5 years of abuse in the Yorkshire Dales. No racing but a fair bit of pushing/shoving over moor & rock. Just got a pair of Gaerne Vega’s cos of the Vibram sole. (Must admit theyr’e comfier-er than the Chillis, bit wider at the toes for my wonky feet)

Bolt

Got some of the pro-trail carbons about a month ago. Very stiff, with some good features though as said above the insole seems abit thin after coming from specialized.
    Got mine for £60 off ebay! some good deals to be had

Bolt

richmtb

Thanks for all the advice, shoes arrived today, good fit, very comfy and comparing to my 5 year old Specilized Comps very stiff as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Diadora Shoes’ is closed to new replies.