Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Diabolo v joystick
  • zippykona

My first ride home in the dark last night (all off road) and I was impressed all over again by my joystick mk10. It was on my bars and I really missed having something on my head. Although I have too many lights already I really enjoy the simplicity of exposure stuff.
    Is a diablo a lot better than a joystick? I’ve read about them turning off on bumps due to that tap thing. I have a set of steps on my way home so that wouldn’t be too good. The tap thing sounds like a good idea though.
    I’m 95% getting a diablo I just need you to make me justify spending too much money on a torch.
    Ta.

muggomagic

The tap thing can be turned off or set so that you need a harder tap to cycle. Not sure how it compares to the latest joystick, but I can use my mk7 diablo in the woods with no need for another light. Easily the best light I’ve owned.

tuboflard

Rate them both highly though the beam pattern on the Diablo isn’t as focussed as the Joystick. Depends what you want it for but for helmet mounted I actually prefer the spot of the Joystick to the Diablo, and the burn times are better too even though slightly less powerful.

Having said that, I’ve got versions which are a few years old so could well have changed the beam patterns since then…

crazy-legs

The new lights are amazing, they’ve upgraded the button and most lights now have a little LED screen at the back showing mode and remaining burn time.

The Diablo is much more powerful than the Joystick (1400 lumens vs 850 for the new Joystick) – you’d be best off putting a Diablo on the bars and the Joystick on the helmet.

I’ve got several iterations of the Diablo right back to when they just used a single LED. Brilliant lights and the new one is a step up again.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I run the diabolo as a helmet light, love it have tap turned off and just use the 3 mode cycle from the main button

iainc

suggest you put the Joystick on your head as it is lightest in weight, then Diablo, or even better, a MaxxD, on the bars.

wilburt
    Free Member

Big fan of the Diablo and exposure in general get one.

jonnyrockymountain

I went in the middle and bought the new axis which is 1000 lumens new model with the new button which is a lot better, paired it up with the new race 1700 lumens, just about perfect combo

benp1

The triple led front looks better than the single led, that makes the Diablo better!

Great helmet light, I really like the tap function but only do XC pootling so no rocks or anything bumpy

It’s quite floody, in a good way. But I think the newer Joysticks (Mk9 or so onwards) are more floody

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Diabolo v joystick’ is closed to new replies.