Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Diablous or Saint cranks
  • mildred

Forgetting bottom bracket problems with RF, what are the pros and cons of the above.

Saint seems better value for money in the sales, but RF have a much better warranty.

I actually prefer the look of RF but have never had problems with Shimano cranks.

jemima
    Free Member

Saints all the way for me.
    And you can't really de-couple the bottom bracket problems from Race Face so has to be Shimano for me!
    Certainly never had a warranty problem with Saint cranks.

Curly68
    Free Member

I have a set of Race Face XC Evolve cranks and a set of Saint cranks. I love the look of the Saint cranks and seem to be (in hand) a little lighter than the RF ones!
    Don't think there is much in it. Just down to personal taste.

j-claw
    Free Member

Race Face Atlas FR… Lighter than Saint, lifetime warranty & loads of colour options. They also have 6mm of chainline adjustment which is really handy when setting up chainguides.

RF don't make Diabolus anymore.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Do you need an 83mm BB?

If not, also look at SLX. Unless you are truly an animal casing enormous jumps, they're almost certainly strong enough, loads lighter than Saint and loads cheaper too.

You need to buy the double&bash version though to get the steel pedal thread inserts.

Other wise, Saint – I always clip my ankles on RF cranks as they're bulkier on the drive side.

mildred

I know what you're saying about SLX, but unfortunately because of the granny ring tabs I can't use it with my chain device – I would have to grind them off, and I think that's daft having to do this with a brand new set of cranks. Plus they'd look naff on my helius ST. Whereas with Diabolus, and Atlas for that matter you have 6mm of chainline adjustement and removable granny ring spider, so no issues there.

I can get Diabolus in the sale, and Atlas are now bit pricier.

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Diablous weigh a ton and are overkill even for big hucks

JonEdwards
    Free Member

What chain device? I'm using a set with a LG1 on my BFe and it's fine (although pretty damn close)

mildred

Truvativ Boxguide and/or MRP SB – I know this because i already have xt and lx chainsets and they don't clear.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Diablous or Saint cranks’ is closed to new replies.