Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Diabetes boot camp
  • grynch
    Free Member

Some time ago people were talking on the forum about diabetes and specifically a “diabetes boot camp”. The question is now was that a real place or just describing the “indoctrination” people had to go thru to get used to having this disease? I’ve done some research and found a real boot camp in the states ( go figure !! ) , but I can’t locate anything in the UK.
    Any info would be appreciated.

( mrs. G has recently been diagnosed with type II diabetes but has been having trouble dealing with blood sugars, despite various diets, and help from diabetes specific forums her blood sugars are still all over the place and docs. are warning her insulin is not far away. )

p.s. if anyone has specific info my email addy is in my profile and again any info would be greatly appreciated.

thomthumb
    Free Member

look up arthur de vany. evolutionary fitness. http://www.arthurdevany.com/

he's a bit 'out there' but EF was all devised as a methodology to keep his wife and sons blood sugar in check. he goes against what a lot of dieticians may advise, though.

grynch
    Free Member

ok thanks, I'll check it out.

colonelwax
    Free Member

If she's been diagnosed fairly recently I'd try not to worry too much – theres a fair bit of evidence that monitoring blood sugar every day in TYpe II diabetes just stresses people out, and doesnt really help with control.

If she's following the diet advice and her BS isnt coming down then insulin might be the only choice.

I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes, but was put on Insulin after about 6 weeks coz my blood sugar didnt drop.
    Basically I was told I was type 1 1/2, too young and fit for type II, but too old for TYpeI.

Dididnt really make much difference in the end coz I started insulin, which took a bit of getting used to, but it is easier in a way coz youre in control.

Sorry about the ramble, doesnt really help with finding a boot camp!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Diabetes boot camp’ is closed to new replies.