• This topic has 14 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by yan.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Di2 XTR question
  • yan
    Free Member

Im looking at fitting a Di2 system to a single 11speed bike.
    ie. rear mech/battery/rh shifter/+ 3port junction.

Ideally I dont want to use the XTR display, as all it gives me of any use is the battery condition. Has anyone just used a 3-port junction/EW90A and will the system still work ok and can this still be used to show battery condition?

I know on a road setup if both leavers are pressed together it lights the junction box LED to show battery condition? Not sure how you would do this with one shifter?

Cheers

sillyoldman

I’d get the XT display as it (along with the new internal battery) gives you the Bluetooth functionality for firmware updates, and system customisation via your phone/tablet.

Display isn’t bulky/obtrusive.

Gee76
    Free Member

On my 1x road di2 setup its just a case of holding down one shift button to check battery charge if it helps!

yan
    Free Member

Thanks sillyoldman and Gee76..

Trying to set it up without any display to keep things uncluttered, as once its all set up correctly (via bluetooth or wired) it should be left alone and all I want is the battery condition.

One other question, assume the 3port junction/EW90A can be used for programming and charging and it will also display the battery condition by lighting up some LEDs ie. do you get red/amber/green or smthg similar?

Thanks

njee20
    Free Member

If you get the ANT+ adapter thing you can get battery life read out on your Garmin.

The 3 way junction port does allow for charging etc. Hold down both buttons on the shifter to get battery life, you get flashing geeen, green, yellow and red IIRC (I have the Garmin adapter, so never check).

josemctavish
    Free Member

I’ve got the XTR Rear mech set up on my road/tour/cross bike in a 1×11 setup. I’m using Ultegra 6770 levers with an EW90A junction with no problem, so I think you will be fine to use this instead of the XTR display.

The junction also works fine for charging, updating firmware and telling you battery status. It gives you indication of 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% remaining with red and green lights.

yan
    Free Member

josemctavish – sounds like the 3port junction should work ok then..

njee20 – whats the Ant adapter, havent seen that? I was told the 3port had a charger socket for charging?

Cheers

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I used a 3 post junction with mine no problem

Shifters shit though

njee20
    Free Member

3 port junction fine. No question. I’ve got the 3 port on my road bike.

D-Fly ANT+ adapter, means you can get your gear read out on your Garmin too. Basically renders the screen useless. Doesn’t need to go where they say either – mine’s in the BB shell.

sillyoldman

The latest version of that has a Bluetooth chip in it, to allow mobile app use to (like the XT screen does) – just make sure you also use he latest battery too if you want that function.

Ant+/Bluetooth D-Fly :- EWWU101

Bluetooth enabled internal battery :- BTDN110

yan
    Free Member

sillyoldman, If you use the bluetooth EWWU101 junction, but with the non-bluetooth/SM-BTR2 battery, will thats not give you gear and battery info aswell?

sillyoldman

Yep – will do, but if you haven’t already got the battery, you might as well get the new one that allows the Bluetooth functionality?

yan
    Free Member

Lookslike the EWWU101 is just a 2port blutooth transmitter. Seems the std EW90A/3port junction is more useful, as this has battery indication, charging port and 3 normal connection ports, even if not bluetooth..

sillyoldman

The D-Fly units are optional extras – they don’t replace EW90A.

yan
    Free Member

Cheers………..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Di2 XTR question’ is closed to new replies.