Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Di2 XT
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Quelle surprise!

This is fugly though!

steve_b77
    Free Member

And i’ve just got XTR 11 speed too 🙁 😥

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yikes, that’s uglier than a Volvo.

Daffy

Why is the brake kit $800?!

woodster

It’s a cassette, if you want a pretty one Sram will sell you a golden one which shows everyone how rad you are. 11-46 would just give me that touch more rage I’m after.

Interested to see what sort of prices DI2 XT will sell for even if I’m not sold on the idea just yet.

egb81
    Free Member

woodster – Member

give me that touch more rage I’m after.

why so angry, it’s just a groupset?

edd

That’s the new 11-46 cassette, 11-40 and 11-42 are still available. Can’t disagree that the 11-46 isn’t a looker…

Curious about XT Di2.

ampthill

11-46 that sounds good to me. I tend not too look down when riding….

njee20
    Free Member

why so angry, it’s just a groupset

Just look at it. Makes me angry.

honourablegeorge

Never mind the cassette, SRAM cassettes are where it’s at anyhow.

A wireless 1×11 mech and shifter – lose a cable, can only be good. Shifter is tidy enough, mech is bulbous but OK

There’s still the issue of mangling your five hundred quid mech on a rock though.

ratherbeintobago

It’s tempting (assuming I don’t have to sell a child to buy it); bloke who runs the LBS has XTR Di2 on his race bike and says it’s great.

honourablegeorge

In all the fuss, they have quietly released 11-speed SLX too.

Shimano releases electric XT Di2 and adds 11 speed to SLX

PJM1974
    Free Member

Any idea on when the 11-46 cassette is available?

honourablegeorge

Hmm… readign more closely, it’s not really “Wireless” as the title of the article suggests.

You can set it up with your phone, but your bike is still covered in wires. I’m out.

convert

A wireless 1×11 mech and shifter – lose a cable, can only be good

Is it? Not how I read it. It wirelessly connects to your phone for setup and…reasons. But I think the system itself is wired.

edit – you spotted that too whilst I typed.

AlexSimon

There’s still the issue of mangling your five hundred quid mech on a rock though.

a snip at only two hundred and ninety three of your US dollars.

Funnily enough the only reason I was ever interested in Di2 was when I found out you could have sequential gearing on a 2x system, but now 1x is wide enough range, there’s no point.

Also – why is there only a 21g difference between the 1x and 2x chainset?!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It looks great technically, ascetically like most new bike stuff it looks crap, but it’s just more aspirational crap. Seems mid range MTB’s are as good as they’re ever going to be, and now we’re just seeing £1000 forks, £3000 frames and £1000 groupsets for the top end. Di2 isn’t trickling down, it’s just re-badging with a slightly cheaper price tag.

Also – why is there only a 21g difference between the 1x and 2x chainset?!

Because an alloy inner ring weighs about 20g. What did you expect?

Were we spoilt in the early 2000’s when it genuinely seemed that the new bikes really were leaps ahead of old ones? Now it seems you could take a 5yr old 29er frame, slap on a neon paint job and that’d be it?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Funnily enough the only reason I was ever interested in Di2 was when I found out you could have sequential gearing on a 2x system, but now 1x is wide enough range, there’s no point.

You can bang through gears miles quicker on a 1×11 DI2 setup than you can on an equivilent manual. The one thing that pisses me off about riding rolling trails with 1×11 is that I can’t change quick enough for short sharp climbs.

I wamt it badly. I might go back to 2×11 and stick a tiny cassette on the back to reduce unsprung mass – but we’ll see.

Oh year, no cable stretch which is a bonus.

I’m genuinely at a loss as to why people get in a huff about DI2, but seem to be keen to accept SRAMs idea of innovation (bigger heavier casettes and more gears!)

akira

Slx chain and mech plus xtr shifter will be in my future then.

maxtorque

I’m loving having Di2 XTR on my Dune! Click-> next cog!

Ok, it ain’t night and day over normal finger powered XTR, but i still love it!

(budget, couldn’t stretch to Di2 AND Carbon Wheels, so i stuck to normal ally wheels and spent the money on the ‘lecy shifting. Right choice imo)

In fact, i’m just sticking the OneUp Shark 50 toother on the back now…….

fatmax

I’ll be having 1×11 SLX on the Singular Swift I’m building up. Lush.

vinnyeh

The system allows you to run multiple Junction B boxes down the line, which allows it to recognize up to six different shifters…or just keep wire management tucked discreetly inside the frame.

Six different shifters? What does this mean? Is it really good?

njee20
    Free Member

On the road bike you can have the STIs, sprint shifters on the drops and climbing shifter beside the stem. Or for TT’ing you can have them on the brake levers and the aerobars.

Not much use off road though now we don’t have bar ends.

scotroutes

Ah yes – a bar end mounted shifter. Now you’re talking my language.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Still no XT 11-46 mechanical cassette?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I just like the ability to jump the 3 gears or shift sequentially really fast by just holding the trigger.

Makes me smile like a complete buffoon.

sillyoldman

The 11-46 is for mechanical or Di2. Makes no odds.

Also, Shimano now say you can run 2x with 11-42 cassette (not sure why they didn’t initially). So you can have a wide ratio range, without unwieldy ratio gaps. Run that with Di2 and synchro shift for a set up you ride as if 1x, but better in terms of available ratios, shift speed/accuracy and better chainline.

vinnyeh

On the road bike you can have the STIs, sprint shifters on the drops and climbing shifter beside the stem. Or for TT’ing you can have them on the brake levers and the aerobars.

thanks. Knew it’d be something obvious. 😳

dukeduvet

Those new slx cranks to my eyes look way better than xt. The whole group set looks good and well priced too

Goldigger
    Free Member

37t jump to 46t seems a huge jump.
    Looks like shimano have taken a 11-42t, taken the 42t off and slapped on a 46t..

frogstomp

Maybe not shifters.. but electronically operated dropper, lock-outs etc?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Almost affordable, which means i’ll probably go for it if I can get my XX1 mech to ever die. (3 years and counting). XX1 cassette & XT Di2 should work well 🙂

I’m genuinely at a loss as to why people get in a huff about DI2, but seem to be keen to accept SRAMs idea of innovation (bigger heavier casettes and more gears!)

Heavier cassettes? I think pretty much every SRAM 11 speed cassette weighs less than Shimano’s best attempt. Shimano shifters & mech’s might be great, but they don’t seem to be able to make a cassette that weighs less than a boat anchor.

fingerbike
    Free Member

Why is the brake kit $800?!

Wireless Brakes 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

but they don’t seem to be able to make a cassette that weighs less than a boat anchor.

Take a look at the pic, it’s fairly obvious they didn’t even bother to think about machining out the excess material on the big rings.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Smart battery is a nice touch seeing as the etube software doesn’t work with a Mac – guess you only need 1 smart battery if you have multiple bikes to sort the firmware, not like you adjust anything on the fly anyway

honourablegeorge

sillyoldman – Member
    The 11-46 is for mechanical or Di2

You hardly expect us to use MECHANICAL cassettes with our new electronic shifting, do you?

I’m holding out until they release a fully electronic cassette and chain

sillyoldman

You missed the word “for” despite quoting it? 😉

honourablegeorge

I didn’t think it needed a smiley face…. then again, if you can have 29er specific saddles, anything is possible

acidtest
    Free Member

Do you have to have the display for it to work? Obviously you won’t be able to see the battery level but that no problem if you charge it the night before going out.

STATO
    Free Member

Do you have to have the display for it to work? Obviously you won’t be able to see the battery level but that no problem if you charge it the night before going out.

No, you can just fit a small (cheap) junction box in its place, and use your phone or garmin to see what battery or gear setting you have if you needed to.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Di2 XT’ is closed to new replies.