Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Di2 Hacking.
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

I’ve just finished building this.

I can now change gears using my phone 😀

turboferret

Very cool, although I’m not entirely sure why one would want to do such a thing 😆

We need more details though!

Cheers, Rich

dirtyrider
    Free Member

go on then, more details,

willard

I dare you, no, I DOUBLE dare you, to set things up so that it tweets your location whenever you change into the granny ring.

woodster

Nice.

Just needs some voice activation now.

deejayen
    Free Member

Are you able to change someone else’s gears from your phone?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Everyone needs an app to change gears 🙂
    It’s part of a bigger plan where the phone app also reads power from a stages power meter, compares the output of the meter with a target power and then select a higher or lower gear to try and match that.
    The idea being during say intervals or best power profile over a route, you just pedal at the cadence you want, the phone makes sure you’re putting out the appropriate power.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Are you able to change someone else’s gears from your phone?

Only if I throw the phone at their gear shifters or discretely plug the unit in when they’re not looking :),

krixmeister

From a totally geeky perspective – this is very cool. Please share more info – how, etc?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I dare you, no, I DOUBLE dare you, to set things up so that it tweets your location whenever you change into the granny ring.

Love the idea!!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

It’s part of a bigger plan where the phone app also reads power from a stages power meter, compares the output of the meter with a target power and then select a higher or lower gear to try and match that.
    The idea being during say intervals or best power profile over a route, you just pedal at the cadence you want, the phone makes sure you’re putting out the appropriate power.

like this?

http://lavamagazine.com/proshift/

IanMunro
    Free Member

From a totally geeky perspective – this is very cool. Please share more info – how, etc?

Fairly easy. I’ve looked at the actual Di2 comms protocol in the past and decided it was too complicated to reverse engineer, so instead took the guts out of a DI2 satellite shifter and connected it to this http://www.rfduino.com/product/rfd22301-rfduino-ble-smt/index.html
    which has been programmed to emulate the buttons being pressed over a bluetooth low energy connection. The biggest problem was getting the thing to drop down to a low enough current consumption when not in use that it wouldn’t drain the battery – so there’s also a movement sensor in the box to solve that.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Interesting!!

IanMunro
    Free Member

like this?

http://lavamagazine.com/proshift/

yup, but in theory better as it will use location based information from the phone to choose the power level. The proshift is using a preset power range, but for best speed for a given power budget you want something which selects different power levels for different gradients.
    In theory you should be able to uploaded a power plan from say bestbikesplit.com onto onedrive, and the phone will then just follow it.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

thats awesome 😀

slowoldman

“Siri, change down two gears”.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

And at 1439 it became self aware and in a panic Ian Munro changed gear first, Di2NET struck back, 52:11 on a 25% climb was very messy…..

Rorschach
    Free Member

“Siri, change down two gears”.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEu4Iq5KL-Q[/video]

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Di2 Hacking.’ is closed to new replies.