Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Di2 disaster?
  • kilauea13

Just trying to update my XT Di2 rear mech firmware via the Shimano app on the iPhone and at some point in the process it lost the bluetooth connection and the firmware update failed. Now the shifters won’t work and the information display shows nothing. I’ve tried pushing buttons in as many different ways as I can think of in case there is a reset mode but nothing seems to work? Is it bricked or does anyone have any bright ideas? The chances of a ride this afternoon are fading fast.

Thanks

lesgrandepotato

I fear it is the modern malaise

P-Jay
    Free Member

Must. Not. Be. Smug…..

*click* yep, cable XT working just fine…

flange
    Free Member

Not sure if it the same as ultegra 6850 di2 but you can plug the charging cable into your laptop to see what’s going on and do a proper firmware update as oppose to using bluetooth. Might at least tell you what’s going on with it?

grtdkad

You’ve been hacked mate, I blame North Korea

thecaptain
    Free Member

Is your bluetooth buttplug still working properly?

Pridds

Did this yesterday when the phone rang in the middle of an update. Pulled the plug out of the wu11 and replugged it in and it worked fine

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Try turning it off and on again?

Phone the IT Department?

sillyoldman

Just unplug a cable from the display and refit it. You’ll be able to connect and complete the update no problem.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Sorry can’t help but this post made me laugh alot.

Imagine not being able to go for a ride because you cannot update firmware 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Sorry this isn’t helping at all is it. But seriously 😆

jonba
    Free Member

Seems people think it will work if you start again, but otherwise I’d plug it into a PC directly. Works for Ultegra but then it doesn’t do non cabled updates. You might need the E-tube software on a computer.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

£1.69 at Wiggle

P-Jay
    Free Member

What did I miss? OP up and running yet? I’ve been too busy riding to keep up?

Has it got a factory reset button?

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Hmm, just checked my cable gears. No problem here. Must be something your end.

Pridds

Haterz gonna hate, but that doesn’t stop Di2 from being awesome

wordnumb
    Free Member

Congratulations, you are now fashionable six years ago

walleater

I’m running standard stainless steel cables with my Di2. Is it worth upgrading to teflon?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Haterz gonna hate, but that doesn’t stop Di2 from being awesome

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Di2 disaster?’ is closed to new replies.