Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Di2 cable and battery pricing moan
  • huggis
    Free Member

I’m building a new bike and had decided on Di2. ….however is the big S taking the p###s with the pricing of the cables, batteries, junction boxes etc? Seems you need to shell out another £250-£300 for those bits on top of the mechs and levers. Having second thoughts now.

andysredmini
    Free Member

It’s worth it

huggis
    Free Member

Makes the price between eTap and di2 not so large.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Were you expecting them to be free?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Electronic groupset in needs battery and wires shocker. 😐
    Buy Etap instead…that MUST be cheaper without all the wires.

onandon
    Free Member

So you plan a build and don’t cost it correctly ?
    Try wiggle for discounted Di2 – crc were also going good prices last week.

huggis
    Free Member

Ok had to make a quick decision on frame and wheels. Before I read the Haynes manual on di2! Guess if you want electronic and hydraulic discs there is only one choice.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I hear those car things are really expensive once you find out the cost of the engines….. Sorry but wires, batteries and junctions are not hidden costs with Di2, just associated costs. On the plus side, you’ll never buy another gear cable.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Wiggle are at £899.99 for a full Ultegra Di2 groupset at the moment.

Edit – didn’t spot you wanted discs too.

huggis
    Free Member

I guess there is no competition for these parts currently. Maybe that’s the reason.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

It’s still pretty new technology that comes at a price. most of the prices are already pretty heavily discounted and I can see only going up next year.

pdw
    Free Member

Some of the pricing on electronic parts is pretty ludicrous. SRAM blips are £75 for what is just a switch on a bit of wire. Similarly pricing for di2 cables is pretty silly for what they are.

huggis
    Free Member

At last someone who agrees :).

sillyoldman

You buy the cables once. Compared to replacing conventional shifter cables over time, they’re cheap. Given how water tight and user friendly the connections are, I don’t think the pricing is daft – especially given how well the system has proven to work.

huggis
    Free Member

Well £100 for the charger? Yes you can get it for £70 but even then that’s ridiculous!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Vote with your feet….Too expensive Mr Shimano.I won’t buy it…..that’ll teach you yer bastids see if it does’nt.
    Or, angry tweets work too.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Etap hydro is coming but can’t see it costing less than ultegra / r785 di2 group

cchris2lou

i bought all mine second hand and saved more than 50% .

mattbee

It’s so worth it though. Fantastic shifting all of the time.
    I bought a whole Ultegra group set for £800odd from Ribble earlier in the year as it was more cost effective once you price up all the bits individually.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Di2 cable and battery pricing moan’ is closed to new replies.