Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Di2: 2nd ride and the front shifter has stopped working, why?
  • bigdaddy

Any words from the wise? It just stopped, rear still works fine, so assume it’s not battery related, as far as I can see it’s all plugged in (but couldn’t guarantee it as I’m new to it all). What could be wrong?

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Normal cause is the plug in the shifting pulling out slightly, normally due to not giving a small amount of access cable at the shifter

bigdaddy

Ok, is it easy to check that? Couldn’t see the cable entry point, but haven’t looked closely yet!

imnotverygood

In normal use the front shifter stops working as the battery level gets low.

sillyoldman

All firmware up to date?

Could well be battery – ft mech uses more power, so it shuts down first when battery is low to get you home with some gears.

Check battery life on the junction box under the stem by holding one of the shift buttons – you’ll get a solid green light for a near full charge, a green flashing light for a decent charge, or flashing red if it’s low.

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Pull back the hood and you can see the cable going in, try seeing if it is loose, if so push it back into the shifter

bigdaddy

Agh, I’m out of battery, thanks guys! 2nd ride, me thinks it wasn’t charged when I bought it a week ago!!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

me thinks

Just a bit of friendly advice………never say this again.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

They never are! it’s good practice to fully charge all new batteries before use. In normal use I doubt you’ll be charging it much more regularly than twice or three times a year.

belugabob
    Free Member

methinks

Just a bit of friendly advice………never say this again.[/quote]

I agree – it’s all one word, so say ‘methinks’ (just to annoy davidtaylforth)

bigdaddy

But I’m a Surrey boy, me wonders wot else to say, innit?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Di2: 2nd ride and the front shifter has stopped working, why?’ is closed to new replies.