• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by b17.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • dhx 5 coil help please!!
  • renton
    Free Member

ive just got my 2nd hand dhx 5 coil and am having a read through the manual.

it says to adjust the bottom out you wind the blue dial in or out.

how hard should it be to turn this blue dial as i cant seem to get it to move more than a few mm ??

cheers

steve

geetee1972
    Free Member

It's almost impossible to do by hand; the dial has holes around its circumference that you can insert an allen key into. I can’t remember what size, something around 4mm. You can then get enough leverage to rotate the dial.

clubber
    Free Member

It's pretty stiff(!) – the holes in it are designed to allow an allen key to be used to lever it. It gets noticeable harder to turn as you put more pressure into the boost valve.

renton
    Free Member

ok cheers for the replies!! could explain why im ripping the skin off my palm trying to turn it!!!

100mphplus
    Free Member

Get it sent to TF Tuned to be 'Pushed' it will then work like it's supposed to 😉

renton
    Free Member

already been pushed mate !!which is why i snapped it up!!

b17
    Free Member

it can be improved a lot actually.

I got a 2nd hand one too, on which the blue dial was very stiff. inside 1 or 2 of the holes in the side of the ring are little grub screws. you can undo these and take off the blue alloy ring. you'll find that there's all manner of dirt under there. clean that up and it will move slowly but smoothly by hand.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘dhx 5 coil help please!!’ is closed to new replies.