Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • DHX 5 Air collapsed. Where to send it for service?
  • Zaskar93
    Free Member

Hi. Rather annoyingly my 2010 DHX 5 Air shock on my Heckler just collapsed tonight. It was fine one minute but got to my mates via a short road ride and when I went back to my bike the shock just sank through all it’s travel and it wouldn’t hold any pressure. Boost valve is still fine, shock pump still working but I can’t get any pressure at all in the shock.

I’ve never had it serviced in the two years I’ve had it and never done anything at it myself other than clean it and apply a drop of lube to the shock body, cycle it and then wipe it down after each ride. Never been a minutes trouble until tonight.

Guess it is just time to bite the bullet and get it serviced. So where should I send it. TFTuned won’t do it (they did a lovely job on my Revs last year tho’) so logically Mojo then? Or is there anywhere else? Or anywhere local, I’m in Holmfirth near Huddersfield. I’m due to do the Calderdale MBM on Sunday but guess I’ll be on my Zaskar or the wife’s Superlight.

Any help appreciated. Ta.

LoCo
    Free Member

It’s stuckdown/negativly charged (the main air seal has blown)
    At 2 years old it could do with a full service as the damping oil will be past it best.

jonnyrockymountain

Zaskar
    Send it to loco tuning (above)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mdavids
    Free Member

^^^ Had excellent service from loco on both occasions I’ve had to use them. Highly recommended.

Zaskar93
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations and advice. I’ve been on the web site and Loco I will probably give you a buzz tomorrow. I’ve got the shock off the bike and just need to get it booked in and couriered down.

Zaskar93
    Free Member

A big thank you to Simon at Loco Tuning for sorting my shock and such a quick turnaround too; sent it Monday had it back by Thursday. Good communication and explanation of the problems and what needed doing and at a reasonable price too. Thanks too to the guys (above) who recommended him; I will too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘DHX 5 Air collapsed. Where to send it for service?’ is closed to new replies.