Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DHR II use on front in wet
  • zelak999
    Free Member

What’s the DHR II like on the front in wet conditions, roots etc?

chiefgrooveguru

3C one is great. Shorty better in mud but DHR2 better on wet rock and I’d say they’re evenly matched on the horror that is wet roots.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Not tried a 3C version but the standard 60a one isn’t that great in the wet as it slips quite easily so I only used it as a rear.

Northwind

Mmm, disagree with that, I really rate it as a front in dry/middly conditions but it doesn’t cut it in mud imo, just lacks the teeth. Rocks I agree with, roots depends on the roots (spikier tyres can find the grip between the roots)

I think mostly I just like the irony that the DHR2 is one of the best front tyres maxxis have ever made, after years of the DHR being awful and the DHF being a good rear.

chiefgrooveguru

It’s probably different in Scotland but in southern England wet does not always equal muddy – that only tends to happen after prolonged wet, especially in the spring/summer when it’s warmer and the plants are sucking up moisture.

Northwind

Yeah, possibly your wet is my middly 😆

Shackleton

DHR2 3C on the front is good on rocks and roots in the wet, particularly if steep. Great all rounder for dry to damp or loose with excellent braking ability in a straight line. DHF is better at cornering in the wet or loose, particularly if you like to lean your bike hard and both lose out to the shorty in proper soft to muddy conditions.

I live in Scotland……

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DHR II use on front in wet’ is closed to new replies.