Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • DHR ii as a front tyre
  • ajt123
    Free Member

I know this is a bit perverse, but has anyone run the DHRii as a front tyre. Looks like it would be a fast rolling all rounder.

Tyre on the Hans Dampf replacement arc. *Yawn I know.

Alex

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yes, quite a few people now. It was pretty good when I tried it.

I’ve since been running a Magic Mary on the front, which has probably been my first real ‘holy shit, this thing grips’ tyre moment.

Probably not the fastest rolling, but I don’t care, it’s immense.

Northwind

Think a lot of maxxis sponsored people are using it as a mud/loose “enduro” tyre as their range doesn’t really have that covered too well- it’s DHR2 or Shorty really, if you’re not happy with the DHF. Haven’t tried it myself but I’m a wee bit skeptical about “pros are doing it”.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

This guy did it and reckons with a bit of cutting they are better than a DHF as a front tyre.

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/maxxis-minion-dhr2

Northwind

Yeah, to be fair the DHF is kind of showing its age- Specialized’s Butcher is almost a DHF2, it just lacks the compound and carcass range of Maxxis. Would be surprised if there’s not a DHF2 shortly (once they’ve stopped having to drop their entire R&D budget on making the same old tyres 1% bigger)

goodgrief
    Free Member

I used it for a season on the dh bike and cut it almost as suggested in the blistergear review. Preferred it to the Butcher that replaced it, good for braking and held a decent line on firm corners.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘DHR ii as a front tyre’ is closed to new replies.