Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • DHL Delivery of Rose bike from Germany – been nearly a week should I be worried?
  • GrahamS

So I’ve got a lovely new CX bike coming from Rose.

Rose sent me an “Order Dispatched” email on Friday 8th with a DHL tracking number. All good.

But since Tuesday 02:37am the DHL tracking has said:

The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center
    Next step The international shipment is being prepared for forwarding to the destination country

The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking > [BLANK]: )

The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center

There doesn’t seem to be any more steps between this and delivery. And from what I gather from google DHL use Parcel Force for the UK leg of the delivery.

So should I be worried that it has been 2 days 14 hours and 16 minutes since the last status update, or is that just the way it goes?

Seems odd that the link to the UK delivery company is blank.

Makes it a bit difficult to be in for the delivery too!

Cougar

You’ve bought yourself a rose on Valentine’s Day?

GrahamS

Strictly speaking it is a Christmas present from my wife – so I guess that is quite fitting.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrblobby
    Free Member

I rather like your Rose.

patriotpro
    Free Member

You had a rose delivered from the fatherland?

Is that cos the LBS don’t sell em?

GrahamS

*hold the phone*

My constant jabbing of F5 has clearly prompted someone at DHL to update the status.

Thu, 14.02.2013 15:20 h

The shipment has arrived in the destination country

Woo-hoooooooo!! 🙂 😮 😀

GrahamS

I rather like your Rose.

Nice innit?

Is that cos the LBS don’t sell em?

fraid so. I did look at LBS and UK bikes first. Honest.

cp

There is always a delay of a couple of days between the ‘export centre’ and arriving at destination country – all my Rose orders have always done the same.

GrahamS

Cheers cp. Never ordered before from them so I didn’t know what to expect. Just seemed a bit odd that DHL status “went dark” for so long but all good now.

EXCITEDBEAN!

midlifecrashes

That does look nice.

Only some bits and bobs, but my Rose order I placed on Monday came this morning, Deutsche Post then ParcelForce.

simmy
    Free Member

Yeah it’s as been said, Parcelforce finish the UK side of the journey.

I ordered some bits, missed Parcelforce but they took it to our local post office which was nice of them

Cougar

Looks nice, that.

What’s it for, btw? OH has a CX bike, I never quite ‘got’ it myself. Take a hybrid, add drops, add an order of magnitude to the price. What am I missing?

schnor
    Free Member

Yeah I had this. I emailed Rose and was told because bikes are, apparently, classed as “Sperrgut” or “bulky goods”

A bike is a bulky good for the post. For this, post sometimes needs more time than for a normal packet. And it is also normal that is still 1 week in the parcel center.

Nothing quite like staring at the tracking page going “cmon-cmon-cmon-cmooooon” for a few days (though obviously not JUST staring at the tracking page) 🙂

GrahamS

What’s it for, btw? OH has a CX bike, I never quite ‘got’ it myself.

I was after a “road bike that is light enough to keep up with roadies; but tough enough for use on muddy potholed bridleways; has eyelets for guards and rack; and comes with disk brakes”

So fits the bill for me.

GrahamS

Good News: it arrived today. And it is gorgeous 😀

Bad News: it has the wrong groupset on it! 😥

(supposed to be SRAM Force 2013 groupset with WiFli deral and 12-32 cassette – but this has the 2012 groupset with normal deral and 12-15 cassette)

Called Rose and to their credit they were very much “For sure you can return it and we will change it” but that means at least another fortnight without a new bike. 🙁

boblo
    Free Member

Get them to send you the right one and collect this one at the same time (aka doorstep swap).

GrahamS

I think they plan to swap the parts over on this frame (they were a bit short on these frames when I ordered)

HermanShake
    Free Member

How much for a 29er with cable discs?!

GrahamS

Can you find the same spec for a better price Herman?

HermanShake
    Free Member

No, I’m just jealous!

What on earth I’d do with a CX bike is another thing although I do like the ring of the word “embrocation”.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘DHL Delivery of Rose bike from Germany – been nearly a week should I be worried?’ is closed to new replies.