Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • DH/Enduro tyres
  • marcfoy89
    Free Member

Hi I’m looking for a more substantial tyre to cope with uplift days, I’m currently running specialized purgatory control 2.3 26″. Also don’t want to spend a fortune! Hit me!!!

superfli
    Free Member
    kimbers

Chunky monkey is good at most stuff and very well priced

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

You’ll never regret a pair of minions tbh, they’ll function year round which is a big advantage on a budget. The singleply/exos are actually pretty tough, you’d not usually put them on a dh bike but I’m happy using mine for uplifts on the #enduro bike.

That said, I’ve got a couple of specialized hillbilly dhs (short spike, for mud) and a butcher dh (minion supertacky copy) for sale for pretty cheap… And some highroller dualplies but we’re kind of out of highroller season so probably not ideal.

smatkins1
    Free Member

One recommendation: Butchers with the Grid casing. Whilst a bit on the narrow side they’re a good all round tyre for enduro racing and uplift days. The thick but not quite dual ply casing is useful to for the riding mentioned. Similar price range to your current tyres.

marcfoy89
    Free Member

Thanks guy the purgatorys I have on now have taken a right battering! Haha tread is ok just sidewalls are worn to shit but might give some minions a try!

zero-cool
    Free Member

Minions

chakaping
    Free Member

Plenty of 26in DH tyres on Pinkbike classifieds for cheap – Can’t go wrong with Minion DHFs or High Rollers

overbikedagain
    Free Member

Just got an hans dampf for the back…love my shorty on the front.esepcially as the water is increasing in the trails…

mark_rich
    Free Member

I’ve found same issue with spesh control tyres, sidewalls wear out long before the tread does. The grid casings are a lot better, I have a grid slaughter and it’s much tougher, taken it off for winter now though.
    Butcher grid would be a good tyre, definitely wouldn’t run a purgatory on the front, I tried it and was lethal on mud and wet roots.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘DH/Enduro tyres’ is closed to new replies.