Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • dhb Merston or Earnley 3/4 tights
  • roughneck
    Free Member

which ones, there to go under altura attack 3/4 waterproof shorts. For all winter riding. Are the merston to warm.

pjt201
    Free Member

i was wondering this just last night. I went with the merstons – if you check out the reviews on wiggle they seem better. Although mine will be for wearing on their own so not the same as under baggies.

Frankers
    Free Member

I ordered 3 pairs from Wiggle earlier this year Earnley, Merstons and Gore somethings.

Normally a fan of Gore but the stitching split after trying them on so they went back. The Merstons are much better than the Earnley tights so I kept them, I wear them under baggies and don't have any issues getting too warm.

Also I just had some new FS260 Pro 3/4's from Endura and tbh these look much nicer than the Merstons.

roughneck
    Free Member

Any more feed back

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I have Merston 3/4s – they're excellent. The zipper's a bit weird (best with a thin baselayer top on under to make sure it doesn't catch.) They seem to have thicker fabric around the knees, they certainly keep you warm and don't really feel cold even in the heavy rain – speaking from last weekend's experiences! The leg grippers are good and don't ride up much either.

For the money, you simply can't go wrong. I'm probably going to order some full length ones soon. They size up as they say on the website too.

dobo
    Free Member

i have the full length ones, the legs zipps are shit, i think i may have promoted them on here last year and had no zipp issues but one has now gone after relativly low use as they are fairly warm so only used in winter month's.
    they are great for the money though

my gore n2s zipps have lasted years.. i also have gore leg warmers working well

wish i'd have bought the 3/4 tbh

Frankers
    Free Member

My mate has the full length version and has also found the leg zips shite. No quality problems with the 3/4 though

el_boufador

3/4 merstons here and they're great. i've got the 2010 full length ones too, but not used yet. i think the leg zips are supposed to have been improved for 2010

FuzzyWuzzy

They only have Small or XL but the Spesh BG Pro's are hard to fault for the money, the pad it very good and the overall quality is spot on.
    http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/product/offerspecializedbgproknicker.aspx?&id=7880
    If you don't need a particularly comfy pad though the DHB low-mid range stuff is great value (the Finchdean range and above is where the good pads start IMO).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘dhb Merston or Earnley 3/4 tights’ is closed to new replies.