Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DHB Finchdean shorts
  • uplink
    Free Member

I have a couple of pairs of DHB Merston shorts which I found pretty much perfect price/fit/comfort etc.

Looking to get another couple of pairs & it seems they've been discontinued & I'm left with Finchdeans or Earnleys with nothing in between – not keen on the Earnleys & the Finchdeans are more than Endura prices these days.

Are they worth it over the bigger named brands?

Kieran

Doesnt answer your question, but i bought some Earnley Bib shorts a few weeks ago on the back of their supposed 'excellent' performance reveiws and awards. They're rubbish, if the shorts are similar I'd avoid completly.

uplink
    Free Member

I don't like the Earnleys either but the Merstons were a totally different thing which I'd buy again if they still had them

igm

The Finchdeans didn't fit me that well – so I changed them for some Gore Ozons which do. Longevity is still to be tested.

Of course you may be a different shape and have a different experience.

Kieran

Should have added as well. For general shorts I use a pair of Ground Effect Supertankers. Still like new after 4 years and 50 miles per week riding, very comfortable as well.

FuzzyWuzzy

Not sure about the Finchdeans but bought some 09 Knowles recently and they're at least as comfy as my Assos Uno bibs. Going to try Giordana Tenax or Shutt VR's next though…

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I've got some Finchdeans and I like them a lot, but I haven't tried any of the competition you'd be looking at at that sort of price so dunno if that helps. As far as build quality and detail goes they're very good.

MrOvershoot

I bought some Finchdeans last year & they are OK but what is it these days with the huge thick seat pads? My old Castelli shorts I wore out were just right but I bought the Finchdeans as they got such good reviews, they are fine for a couple of hours but then the thick pad starts to feel as though its pushing my hips out of joint!

jonb
    Free Member

No specific experience of Finchdean but I have the Knowle and they are amazing in comparison to the Earnley. Properly confortable over 6-7 hours on the road. They are expensive but very good. Earnley are fine for most things in my experience.

If you are spending over £50 then it's worth going onto wiggle and changing your mailing options as they send you a £5 off £50 voucher.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DHB Finchdean shorts’ is closed to new replies.