Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • dhb earnley vs merston 3/4 bib shorts
  • jonb
    Free Member

I'm looking at getting some lycra for cooler weather. They'll be worn on their own and under baggies.

Does anybody own both the Earnley and Merston 3/4 bibs?

I'm trying to decide if the plain lycra earnleys on their own will be warm enough as I think the Merstons might be too warm for most weathers under baggies.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I have the Merstons and on a number of occasions over winter wished I had something a little warmer when used on the road (no baggies) but it was mainly wind chill. Guess it depends on when you plan to use them but I haven't found them to be that warm and being northern, I am normally OK with the cold!!!

daveb
    Free Member

I had the Merstons and just didnt get on with them. Have changed to Endura 3/4 bibs and think they are much better. Better fit and the pad seems to be better.

Frankers
    Free Member

I ordered in from Wiggle the Finchdean, Merston & Earnley 3/4 bib tights

Finchdean – These were sent back straight away as the stiching split on trying them on.

Earnley – I didn't like the high front and no zip, also they felt much thinner than the Merston.

Merston – These were the ones I kept, they have a brushed fabric inside which seems to keep me pretty warm and not too warm if under baggies in reasonable (10-15deg) weather, also the zip front makes toilet stops a pure joy

I'm comparing to my other pair which are made by Endura, I prefer the Merston comp to the Endura but to be fair they are a pretty oldish pair.

jonb
    Free Member

I've got earnleys that I use for summer and I'm getting some full on windproff tights so I think I'll try the merstons as something in between.

This is bizarre though

also the zip front makes toilet stops a pure joy

daim

I have a pair of 3/4 Merstons. I only use them if the temp is going to be below 10 degrees though and always wear baggies over the top of them.

I also have a full length pair for those really cold winter rides. I have always found them to be plenty warm and wouldn't want to wear either pair if the temp was going to get into double figures.

mcboo
    Free Member

I'm looking for a pair too, had a look at nice Rapha ones then saw the price tag…..£160. Who buys those?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘dhb earnley vs merston 3/4 bib shorts’ is closed to new replies.