Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 271 total)
  • DH World Champs – Norway -SPOILERS
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

From the get go, timed training results are up and Greg and Rachel are topping the lists
    http://www.uci.ch/mountain-bike/ucievents/2014-mountain-bike-uci-mountain-bike-trials-world-championships/351392714/widgets/live-timing-165840/
    Pink bike have some great pics up

Going to be a good one I think

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’m at Hafjell now . It’s a little quiet at the moment but atmosphere is building

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hope it’s going to stay dry

deviant
    Free Member

Greg always manages to come good for the WC….bloody annoying!

Gee looks a good bet there in 3rd, Hart also quick in 2nd….i’d happily see either of those two take a second WC.

Peaty still in the top 20 bless him!….17th for the old dog, get in!

Surprised to see Gwin down in 24th…what exactly does Greg Williamson do to justify that plumb Trek ride?!

NZ and Aus have a fair few riders in the top 20 dont they!…be good to see the George Brannigan do something, he seems to get lost in the focus on Brosnam, Blenky etc etc

The women….wow, three of the top 4 are British…exceptional riding at the moment, good to see Tahnee coming through and on the biggest stage too.
    It’ll be a surprise if it doesnt go to Rachel or Manon although i didnt expect Pom Pom Nicole to be so far up there, inspired ride from her….going to spoil the party?

Cant wait for this, the other half is out tomorrow shopping with a friend, its just me, a few beers and Red Bull TV….dont let me down with the stream Red Bull!….what time is it on, i read it as 11am start?

AlexSimon

Peaty fastest in the speed trap AGAIN!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Elite women’s 12.15 elite men’s 13.30 . Take off an hour for UK

deviant
    Free Member

Cheers

pomona
    Free Member

Spare a thought for the NZ womens national champ Sarah Atkin.

Young girl at her first ever worlds and her bike big goes missing en route. She managed to borrow a bike for a couple of practice sessions but not for qualification or the finals so she’s relegated to being a spectator and is feeling a bit shit about it all. She had her sights set on a top 10 place and had a pretty good chance of getting one.

bspoked
    Free Member

Can’t see past a Sam Hill/Rachel double on that track.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Danny Hart’s mum said he is feeling very good

Notter
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the qualifying is being shown live anywhere? I couldn’t see it on the Red Bull TV schedule.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no qualifying, they go in points order. Timed training was the last thing that they did so it’s just the main event.

Notter
    Free Member

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification, looking forward to the main event! 🙂

maxtorque

Ouch:

Pity, i think Emmeline could have gone well tommorrow ;-(

mikewsmith
    Free Member

nice claw hands in the x-rays! I also have now decided that I want a purple wrap on my next cast.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member
    limkilde
    Free Member

You can’t use the timed training results for anything, most of the top riders take it easy, and don’t show their real speed for the race

ocrider

There’s a cracking XC race going on now….

That was an amazing ride from Absalon

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

That XC race was brilliant. Proper MTB course and some killer climbs. Good exciting racing right through the top ten. Nice to see Shurter throwing some whips over the jumps on the last lap.

Really good to see XC coming back from the grass track events they used to be. Proper technical courses, shorter, harder laps with a spectator friendly course and a 1.5 hr race time all makes it a much more accessible event.
    Hard to believe that this is the first time Absalon has raced a full suspension bike too, I remember everyone saying that FS would be the norm after Henrik Djernis signed for ProFlex and started racing FS on the World Cup. Took a while.!! 😀

Marmoset
    Free Member

Yeah, he looked as though he could do it all again as well. Can’t believe how long he’s been at the top of the xc scene…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

One thing I noticed at the XC races today was how any riders where 1 by I assume 11. Front mechs really seem to be dying out. Or at least for this course they were not not used that often. I don’t really follow Xc but was surprised

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Did anyone hear the bit of commentary during the men’s XC where they said there were rumours of a new wheel size between 650B and 29?

For the kittens’ sake, I really hope they were joking 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Oh please let that be true please please

dannyh
    Free Member

Pity, i think Emmeline could have gone well tommorrow ;-(

That’s a shame as I also quite fancy her(!)

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Wow there is real chance for a British 1-2-3 in the womens now.

seabass
    Free Member

Amazing ride from Absalon – total legend.
    Wonder what happened with Nino, he really fell off the pace after the climb where they were neck and neck. Ill before the start and went out hard to bluff or did Absalon’s bike change make that big a difference?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

One thing I noticed at the XC races today was how any riders where 1 by I assume 11.

It’s been the racers choice here for the last year or so. All bar the shimano sponsored people seem to be running it. Quickest way to drop some weight off the bike too.

Northwind

deviant – Member

what exactly does Greg Williamson do to justify that plumb Trek ride?!

9th place and top team rider at Meribel not enough for you?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well with 2 hrs to go it should all be getting going. Hopefully the Red Bull Meter is stocked with Krona and it will all play well.
    Also on Twitter from BDS/Si Patton

British Downhill @britishdownhill
    Manon Carpenter of Saracen/Madison, her race run will be on Clwb on S4C (think Grandstand) along with an interview at 15:30. @clwbs4c

michaelmcc
    Free Member

When do the men start? Ta.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

13.30 local time 12.30 UK time.

It’s a little overcast but the track is very dry after days of sun. The rock gardens are looking tasty

mikewsmith
    Free Member

@howsyourdad1 – have you had a chance to ride it? Getting excited for the start now. Hoping for some close racing and no punctures really.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Alas no riding of the course no. I’m doing speed trap and track stuff . Seen two big stacks so far

tenfoot

Ragot is not starting.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And Nigel Page reminding us how good Warner is on the commentary….

Coyote
    Free Member

😀 Nige certainly brings the race to life!

Nicole riding with a broken hand? 😯 Respect!

rOcKeTdOg

great run from Seagrave

mikewsmith
    Free Member

awesome, some big stacks so far, and probably a lot more to come

rOcKeTdOg

GB 1-2-3?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

that was close!!! Wow great return for Team GB there.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 271 total)

The topic ‘DH World Champs – Norway -SPOILERS’ is closed to new replies.