Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • DH WC Andorra – hive mind planning
  • frogrocket
    Free Member

So thinking of going for the last race of the WC.

Driving from Manc to Andorra via Eurotunnel with a stop near Bergerac where family live.

Maybe taking wife and 1.5yr old (and bike of course) and meeting some riding buddies with similar family set ups there for a mixed riding/hiking/relaxing week around the race.

Anyone done a similar journey? How’d it go/how long did it take/how much did it cost?

What’s accommodation like there?

Worth getting a guide?

Have I missed anything I need to take into account?

Basically, help me form a plan I can sell to Mrs Frogrocket

frogrocket
    Free Member

No thoughts? Quite surprised really, thought a few people must have done this before…

curtisthecat
    Free Member

We drove there last summer, although we came from San Sebastián(week with basque mtb). I had planned to spend a week taking my wife out on some gentle rides but it was fairly dh and would put a beginner off. Luckily the shopping is great(almost tax free, lots of good bike shops). Andorra is a very small country but easy to get around and lots to see. Also very cheap! We took the euro tunnel and drove there and back through France(tolls on the motorway but generally worth paying for) Hope this helps

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Had a long chat with the man who has the bike park. Some great accommodation in the resort that comes with access to the gyms and other things like pool so worth looking them up. Meant to be runs for everyone in the bike park. Though when asked what the party was like after Loic won the reply was if my bar didn’t burn down that night it never will. So Sunday night could be a little busy especially as it will be Steve Peats last wc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘DH WC Andorra – hive mind planning’ is closed to new replies.