Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • DH Tyre Levers
  • oldfart

Following the thread on tight fitting tyres ( I’m a sufferer !) looking at Topeak Shuttle levers . They have a Stainless Steel core , anybody used these ? Anything better out there ?

oldfart

Forgot to add compact for carrying and plastic coated . Pedros looks evil !

proutster
    Free Member

I have 2 of these and they’re the best levers I’ve ever used 😆

clicky

Edit: Forgot to read “compact for carrying”, I also have these in the trail pack:

clicky

wwaswas

I use these;

They have a plastic coating so are a bit more rim freindly than the Pedros ones.

If you’re used to hooking a lever behind a spoke to work the next one in it can be a faff with the ones you can’t do that with but you get used to it.

z1ppy

Really happy with my Pedro’s but have only tried ‘std’ one and the soma’s otherwise. The Soma steel inner ones worked fine but eventually the plastic simply broke off from the steel inserts, making the useless (more likely to cause damage). The Pedro’s have lasted longer, and not been defeated by any tyre (I’ve tried)

Northwind

I really like Lezyne’s plastic powerlevers- they’re not long, but they have the best hook I’ve used so they get under tight tyres better than most, and they don’t need as much slack to shift the tyres. What I use for my dualplies, anyway, never met a tyre yet tey can’t shift, even the defective overtight Schwalbe I had.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I have to disagree on the IceToolz levers. The coating came off mine after very little use. The actually lever bit now twists inside the handle with a bit of force too.

Poor.

Not DH levers but I use Park Tools, they are small so easily packable and do the job with a 3 in a set.

BillOddie

I have the shuttle levers and they work nicely for tight XC/AM rims such as DT 5.1D and the like. However they aren’t a full on DH lever though and I did snap the end off the big one on my first set after a couple years worth of use.

They won’t F*** your rims up like a big DH lever though.

dashed
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member
    I have to disagree on the IceToolz levers. The coating came off mine after very little use. The actually lever bit now twists inside the handle with a bit of force too.

Ditto – found exactly the same

rewski
    Free Member

might try a birzman wedge worshop lever, cold weather snapped one of my pedros.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘DH Tyre Levers’ is closed to new replies.