Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DH recommendations
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I started off looking for an uplift, until I realised that Gawton has stopped it temporarily. Is the push-up bad there?

Alternatively? Any uplift recommendations?

I am just south of London and willing to travel. Given that Gawton is around 230 miles away, that brings into play Revolution Bike Park as well, and maybe others I haven’t thought of.

Any suggestions?

aye-aye
    Free Member

Forest of Dean and Cwmcarn are good fun.

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve done Cwmcarn quite a lot. I’ve also been to FOD once. It was good but I’m not sure if I’d rush back.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lucien

Antur Stiniog – N Wales – awesome tracks and excellent uplift

Clicky Linky

Bike Park Wales -if you can book an uplift as it’s mega mega mega busy

Also done FOD (once) it was OK, but won’t be rushing back. Cwmcarn I’ve ridden a lot, which leaves some of the N Wales and more local stuff….some push up locations in the South but nothing with an uplift 🙁

mikey74
    Free Member

I looked at Antur Stiniog and it’s an option. It’s just a fair bit further to drive than Revolution.

Edit: Oh, and nothing available at BPW for a couple of months. Plus, I’ve heard mixed things about it as a DH venue.

antennae
    Free Member

I heartily recommend Triscombe, near Taunton, especially if you like your steep rooty tech riding.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TRISCOMBE-UPLIFTS/337212724049?fref=ts

It’s a pretty easy journey from Londontown. Much closer than Gawton!

And Bike Park Wales seconded, if you can get a spot on the uplift!

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve ridden at Triscombe, but pushed up, which wasn’t pleasant. Oh, and it was wet too.

I’d forgotten they do an uplift. I my have to get in touch with them. Cheers.

Oh, and I do like my steep, rooty, tech riding :mrgreen:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DH recommendations’ is closed to new replies.