Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • DH Niner with titbits to come
  • onceinalifetime
    Free Member

So this arrived and I’m pretty chuffed.
    Seat tube front mech cable guide needs to be drilled out so I can actually put the post down more as they are like riveted bolts!???

Got 15mm rigids as you can see with green x.0 and raceface green ano kit to be fitted.
    Just trying to choose a sensibly priced set of carbon wheels.

Will be running 1×9 for now then ss it in the future as I do much prefer ss’s for a variety of reasons.

Enjoi!

& yes to the didn,t you fancy an air 9 c then… But wanted a P X for ages and it was in matt finish. Makes all the difference 🙂

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Has anyone got any idea as to the front mech cable guide as I will drill them out to run post more into frame?

float
    Free Member

i wouldnt go drilling anything on a brand new frame.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I wouldn’t go dh’ing on a pair of niner carbon forks and I own a pair.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

DH as in Dirty Harry silly.
    Why as they are not bolts or rivets just some type of fixed bolts. Will get the lbs mech to do this if warra.ty would be an issue but a NEW frame should allow me to drop the post more than 4inches imo.
    For clearance and asthetic reasons.
    Thanks for the input so far. Ermm not quite!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

My bad, carry on.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

No worries good to know that DH is not a good idea should I find that I,m pointing that direction 😛
    Can’t wait to get built. Just due some wheels to match but they are not in the UK just quite yet :'(
    First foray into carbon and a off road 29er so will be interesting… 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

I’d be contacting the supplier if you can’t drop the seat post, sounds poorly finished to me, but then it is PX so good luck with that if my riding buddies experiences are anything to go by, course if you modify it yourself they have the perfect get out clause
    it does look good in that matt finish

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Just talk to PX, my DH frame allows me to drop my seat post alot more than 4″ . The seat tube on mine is actually quite a bit larger than the post and it has a bonded shim in it to make in 31.6mm.

cynic-al
    Free Member

cut your seatpost.

What other solution do you think there might be?

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

cut your seatpost.

And think of the weight you will save 😀

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Yeah will speak to P X re: seat tube cguide and no need to cut seatpost down as I need full length ta!
    Granted there were a few problemos when ordering but Will did his upmost to sorthem out.
    🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘DH Niner with titbits to come’ is closed to new replies.