Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • DH Buddies for trip to Morzine on July 20th to 25th
  • Smashy32
    Free Member

Hi, we are a group of 6 lads, ages range from mid twenties, to early forties, from Skipton in North Yorkshire and surrounding areas. we usually all ride XC or Freeride on full sussers but we have booked a Downhilling trip to Morzine in the French Alps, from Tuesday 20th July to Sunday 25th July. We have hired a 12 person self catering Chalet for 5 days and we were wondering if theirs anyone out there, either from the Skipton area or even further afield who would like to join us?
    Firstly, the Chalet works out at £40 per person, per night, ski lift passes for the 5 days are 50 Euros each. Flights to Geneva with your luggage of upto 20Kg and your bike, weighing upto 37Kg on Easyjet are about £144 as of today 1/02/10 but may go up? We have booked a minibus, which will take us from and too the airport, is about £42 each, then the rest is food and beer money!
    If anyone is interested, please contact me by leaving your email address and we can give you more info on who we all are, so you won't think we are all AXE MURDERERS!!
    We are all really down to earth lads, who work hard but want to play harder!!
    So, get in touch.
    Thanks Brendan.

toyrobot
    Free Member

Smashy, I wish I could say I'd come. Went to Morzine last year for some DH and it was amazing. Anyone reading this and thinking they might give it a go,- DO IT! You won't regret it.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

£40 a night! What chalet did you go for- that seems expensive!

steveh

Just what i was thinking r3g. At that rate you've paid basically £2500 for a chalet for 5 nights!? It shouldn't anywhere near half that.

steffybhoy
    Free Member

yep £40 a night self catering poorly dear

stompy

Thats cos you'd be paying for their holiday…… nice idea.

I'm going to New zealand on holiday, anyone wanna come??? flights are 2 grand 😉

Smashy32
    Free Member

It's £40 per night for the six of us that are already going but if we can get more people to come, the cheaper it will be per night each! The Chalet is £975 for five nights and sleeps 12 people, so do the math, if we fill the Chalet, it will cost less than £20 each per night. We are just trying to get a full group together, make it cheaper all round and most of all, have aBlast!

steveh

If it's not too late consider cancelling it. jolly good would give you fully catered accomodation with transfers for what you're paying and the food there is great.

toyrobot
    Free Member

I'd recomend Riders Refuge, amazingly good food, great people and that close to the Pleney lift that I was able to get up the hill and have the trail to myself first thing in the morning whilst my mates were showering and getting their kit together, and still be back for breakfast with the boys. I did also wonder if these prices seemed a bit high.

al_f
    Free Member

Smashy32 – Member
    It's £40 per night for the six of us that are already going but if we can get more people to come, the cheaper it will be per night each!

With backpedalling like that, you should ride trials. 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘DH Buddies for trip to Morzine on July 20th to 25th’ is closed to new replies.