Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • DH bike options…..
  • deviant
    Free Member

I’m considering hitting the credit card with a new DH bike….YT stands out as the obvious choice, Canyon Sender is too expensive.
    Anything else I should consider?….Radon Swoop 200, Vitus Dominer etc…..budget is a constraint, divorce proceedings would begin at anything over 2.5k

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Find a deal on an alloy demo?
    https://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/115388
    Norco Arium
    https://www.evanscycles.com/en-au/norco-aurum-a7-1-2016-mountain-bike-EV243360
    A mate was looking at sensible price DH and those 2 stood out

deviant
    Free Member

Too salty I’m afraid, 2.5k is max.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Soon for sale Giant Glory 2 Carbon Frame 6 months Old size L
    with Fox shock circ £1k
    Ping me an email

deviant
    Free Member

Too late, hit the button on a Tues in black….anyone want the shit SRAM brakes when it arrives in exchange for some XT, ZEE etc….?

legend
    Free Member

Too late? The thread’s 1 hour old…….

chiefgrooveguru

.anyone want the shit SRAM brakes when it arrives in exchange for some XT, ZEE etc….?

Would that be the SRAM Guides that are now universally better reviewed than most Shimanos?

frood
    Free Member

anyone want the shit SRAM brakes

Give theme a try first. They are no longer avid brakes and have vastly improved from days of yore.

acidchunks

Love my 2016 Tues AL but she’s a heavy beast and the Kore wheels aren’t great (latter seems to have changed for 2017 though)

The sram brakes were a pleasant surprise. I was going to swap the m4 techs over from my trail bike but the guides are actually very capable. After a week in morzine all of the shimano brakes in our group had been bled at least once but the srams were still working perfectly

(Former elixir owner/hater)

scruff
    Free Member

I got a new Tues a few months ago, the cheapest Al one which was discounted for a bit. I agree with acidchunks, the wheels are heavy but very string, I had a big case at Revolution but didn’t even buckle. Setting them up tubeless was a pain and put have a 3c shorty on the front. I’ve always had shimano brakes and had it in my head I’d put my zees on but the guides are brilliant, I want them on my trail bike now. All the components apart from seat and post are heavy but should last. The sram dh 7 spd gears are great aswell.

deviant
    Free Member

Cool, can’t wait and will be open minded with the SRAM brakes!
    It’s listed as in stock, any idea on delivery times?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Be sure to post how much it weighs 😉

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’ve got a tues al from 2016 and it’s great. The brakes are really decent actually. The only thing i’ve changed is a heavier spring and put a charger damper in the fork. Watch the headset too it can get loose.

I did however ding my rear wheel pretty bad and it gushed tubeless spaff anywhere. looked at some hope pro 4s for an upgrade but will destroy the kore rear first i reckon…

delivery time i got mine in 7 Days ish

davosaurusrex

If you need a small and you can cancel the YT…

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/factory-outlet/#category=mtb-bikes&id=21204

deviant
    Free Member

Sadly gone for long and large.

acidchunks

2nd the comment about the headset. Mine arrived loose and the top cap and bolt were garbage so replaced with a spare hope jobbie before riding the bike.

sharkattack

I rode the new Tues demo bike in Morzine last year and I loved it. It’s a lot longer and lighter than my alloy one but the suspension was crap compared to my Bos stuff. Obviously it was thrashed demo bike suspension and it would be correctly setup if I owned it, but the Bos is still the best I’ve ever ridden.

I remember thinking the Guide brakes felt very impressive. I sold mine on here unridden and bought Saints which were absolutely woeful and unreliable. If I was buying again I’d definitely give the Sram a chance.

deviant
    Free Member

Will give the SRAMS a fair crack…. I’ve ordered large but I’m only 5′ 9″….will it be too big?
    I like a long wheelbase DH bike, I feel I can take the mick a bit more on a long low DH bike, they all seem to have the same 40cm seat tube anyway so I’m not fussed about standover.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

nah i’m 6’1″ and on a large, ideally would have had an XL but you’ll be fine

deviant
    Free Member

Cheers, was beginning to sweat over the loss of 2k.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘DH bike options…..’ is closed to new replies.