• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DezBJr – the boy's suddenly interested in mountain biking…
  • DezB
    Free Member

This means… watching every single bleedin youtube video on the subject!

Now he wants a dropper post.
    He wants to try full sus. Carbon that is.
    Just asked me if I had tried a steel MTB 😆

Little swine still can’t ride up hills without whinging though 🙂

Made me (huh! Was so happy to!) take him up to QECP to have a go on my 575. It was wet this morning. Wet leaves, wet chalk, wet roots. He did ok, but when it started hammering down, we had to go home. He only had a tshirt and footy shorts so was drenched. I was glad cos still not recovered from my knackered shoulder and falling off wouldn’t have been wise.
    Sitting in the car eating Cheetos, I couldn’t be a happier dad.
    😀

stevextc
    Free Member

😀

If you went up the red that’s a fair climb for the first go ….(if you found any cheap sunglasses they’d be mine)

However … this really is my favourite thing in the world … nothing makes me happier than going out cycling with my kid because it’s one of those things you can truly share…. it’s not like watching them play football or rugby etc. but you are actually doing it together (not knocking those.. or even taking my kid racing but truth be known I’d rather be riding with him than watching him race)

DrP

You coming to the BBB this year Dez?

DrP

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

Well, Doc, it’s complicated… we could do the Fri/Sat/Sun, but I only found this out recently and by then BBB tix were all gawn. Shame really.

ian martin
    Free Member

I took my 6 year old (nearly 7) to Glentress for the first time this week. After a bit of grumbling about the climb from the bottom she soon started to enjoy it.

So much so that after ridden approx 60% of the blue loop and a cafe stop she wanted to ride some more.

I put the bikes back on the roof rack and drove to top carpark where we rode parts of the skills loop, the full green loop and another blast down Berm baby berm. All in I reckon she rode nearly 10 mile (going by distances on the trail map).

I was a very proud dad following her line down the trail and hearing whooping with joy as she went.

I now need to initiate my 4 year old son but I’ll try and hold off till next year though as he’s a bit of a mentalist on the downs.

DezB
    Free Member

it’s not like watching them play football or rugby etc. but you are actually doing it together

So true!
    In fact, I play touch rugby with the kid (our club does this during the week) and ref the rugby matches. My brother says to me the other day “You can’t play everything with the teenagers Dez!” 😳

DrP

Dez… speak to NIck, I’m sure he could sort something??
    Might have lodge space…though I’ll need to confirm numbers….

DrP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DezBJr – the boy's suddenly interested in mountain biking…’ is closed to new replies.