Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Devore M615 brakes, BH90 hose?
  • PJ266
    Free Member

Just got some new brakes from Ribble, do I need the silver BH90 insert or the standard gold insert to shorten the hoses?

Sadly being OEM they were not supplied.

Cheers!

jimc101
    Free Member

Look at the hose, if it BH90 hose, it uses the silver insert, if BH59 it uses the gold.

PJ266
    Free Member

Ideally I would like to have the inserts ready to go when shortening the hoses to (hopefully) minimise any bleeding needed.

But thanks for stating the bleedin’ obvious 😀

It states “high power brake hose” on the outside if that makes a difference.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Cut the old one out with Stanley if you’re in a pickle and reuse. Just not the olive

hebridean
    Free Member

I’ve just shortened mine – the insert supplied was gold if that helps

devash
    Free Member

Mine came with gold inserts too.

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

Mine too states high power which I believe is the new BH90 hose and uses silver inserts (that’s what mine came with).

colin9

I believe the M615 has a BH90 hose. But that is based on what I read on a forum yesterday.

gogg
    Free Member

If they’re M615, then they it’s BH90 hose (according to the Shimano specs) and they need the silver insert Shimano Part no. Y8JA98025

I got my new set (front & rear) from my LBS, £67.00 and included the silver insert, spare olive and yellow parts for cutting hoses and inserting the insert.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Just fitted a set for a mate last weekend, and they are BH90 and require the silver insert.
    The difference is the BH90 has slightly smaller inside bore than the BH59, so the silver insert is narrower (and slightly longer – but I don’t know why that is?). The gold one will fit if its all you’ve got – just a bit more difficult to push in there. By the way the olives (gold) are the same for both BH90 and BH59 as the outside diameter of the hose is the same.

PJ266
    Free Member

I can confirm they are silver inserts on my brakes. Decided I might as well just check.

So looks like if it states “high power brake hose” its BH90.

Cheers all!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Devore M615 brakes, BH90 hose?’ is closed to new replies.