Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Devon roadie C2C – route options.
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Me and a mate planning on doing this in March. Just been on the Garmin connect site with the intention of creating a route (planning on starting in Llfracombe and finishing in Plymouth. Looks like a minefield of different roads though. We’d like to avoid A roads as much as possible, and stick to quieter country ones.
    Anyone got any routes they’d recommend? Any roads to avoid? Worth making a diversion through Dartmoor? Etc…

Oh and if anyone has a link for a full GPX file, I’ll happily take a look at it 😆 😆 .

Cheers!!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Did it last year , most of it is on smaller roads and cycle ways, only really 2 big hills , out of illfracombe and up to oakhampton
    http://www.sustrans.org.uk/ncn/map/route/devon-coast-to-coast
    enjoy
    edit: i have a GPX in 2 parts if u need it ?

jobro
    Free Member

You can do it almost traffic free if you use a combination of the Tarka Trail and Granite Way – the yellow route in Stumpy’s download above.I live just off of Exmoor and use these a lot at this time of the year. 60 miler tomorrow!

belugabob
    Free Member

As above, except that there are some shortish sections unsuitable for road bikes – particularly the bit around Peter Tavy & Mary Tavy.
    It’s generally quiet roads and cycle paths, though (and a couple of very dark tunnels)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Devon roadie C2C – route options.’ is closed to new replies.