Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Devon road events today…
  • yunki
    Free Member

I passed two events on my way home from the in-laws this afternoon.. first looked like a fairly large casual sportive (?) around the South Molton, Kings Nympton area.. and the other was around Moretonhampstead where there were marshals with big red flags..

what does a red flag mean in a road cycling event..? something serious I’m guessing.. I hope there weren’t any problems 😕

xc-steve
    Free Member

Dartmoor Classic today… from the looks of my roady friends photos there were a couple big crashes looks painful I’ll take my chances of pin balling off trees over road rash any day!

ajantom

South Molton, etc. event was the annual Force Cancer 100 mile ride, starts at Topsham, up to Tivvy, Dulveton, Simonsbath, South Molton, Crediton, and back through Exeter.

Was a nice day out 8) did it in 5h40m including a couple of cake stops.

jam-bo

did dartmoor classic today. started off wet but ended up nice.

first 100 miler and did 103m in 7hr48. Happy with that and raised nearly £3000 for charity as well.

aP
    Free Member

Red flags for marshals are to warn motorists, although they don’t apply to drivers of leased, silver metallic German cars – obviously.

ajantom

I only encountered 1 piece of bad driving today over the whole 100 miles. Well from a car anyway, some of my fellow cyclists could do with retaking their proficiency test!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Devon road events today…’ is closed to new replies.