Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Devon Day Out
  • hts81
    Free Member

Hi all – I have just booked a break to visit family, but am bringing the bike with me (of course…)
    We are staying at Whiddon Down, west of Exeter and I would love to be shown the best local routes on either 28th December or 29th December. Hopefully it will be dry and frosty…..
    Anyway – if anyone knows of a club ride, or would like to show me around personally, get in touch! I am aware its a long way off, but preparation prevents piss poor performance and all that!

danielgroves
    Free Member

Shout closer to the time and I’ll show you some trails if I’m around… depends on Uni though.

eviljoe
    Free Member

You’re not far from Castle Drogo at Whitton Down, or there are a couple of rides out of Okehampton – depends how far you want to travel really. Likewise drop me a line closer to the time, I’m about 5 miles away.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hamishthecat

That’s about 6 mins from me and we usually get some rides in between Xmas and new year. As suggested Castle Drogo and Teign Valley is a good option. Lots easily accessible from there though. Post a message in December and someone can get a ride sorted.

ontor
    Free Member

give a shout – I’ll happily show you round the moorland stuff.

muddyground
    Free Member

Another shout here for Castle Drogo – all weather surface, good pub at Fingle Bridge or OK café on the estate itself, great views. For a single day out with only a few hours to spare, it’s pretty good. Lots of tame but fun singletrack to get your legs warmed up for that single, gnarly, frame denting rim dinging descent. My bike wears its’ battle scars with pride. And all just 20 minutes ride away from you as the estate is downhill from the park; just follow the main road to the Chagford pool turn off on the right, ignore it and carry on to just before the river and walk your bike on the footpath 😯 to the estate at the iron bridge. Touch longer getting back mind as all uphill now….

hts81
    Free Member

Thanks for all the positive replies! I will ask again closer to the time, but Castle Drogo sounds good to me!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Devon Day Out’ is closed to new replies.