Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Devinci Troy, any real world experiences?
  • stugus
    Free Member

Morning,
    Looking to replace a Turner 5spot soon and have my eye on the devinci Troy. I haven’t seen many about but has any one had any experience of them? I had a little sit on one for size the other week and it seems a bit ‘butch’ for a trail bike 140mm travel.
    Also, is there anything else I should be considering?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I don’t know where you are looking but both Freeborn and Epic.tv have some absolute steals on Devincis at the moment

stugus
    Free Member

Yeah I saw that, it was the 2016 Troy I was looking at, great spec for the price 🙂

SaxonRider

All I can say is: it’s Canadian, so it must be good.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

MBUK gave it 4.5 stars if that’s any use to you.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Friend has one and loves it. Nice looking bike. Lot of bike for the money. Think he got a good deal from Freeborn bikes.

rs
    Free Member

I have one, a 2014 carbon, so a bit shorter than the 2016, it’s a great bike, handles whistler bike park breaking bumps better than a 200mm flatline, pedals up hill great with the suspension open, let me know if you have any questions.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

mmmm tasty

eshershore
    Free Member

@stugus

I had a Dixon Split Pivot

suspension worked incredibly well whether pedaling or braking on rough ground

and most importantly, a well engineered frame – really good built quality, right side of strong/light to take real world abuse

easily replaceable “common” sealed bearings (each pivot had the same size bearing) and simple to pull apart, made it very easy to life with

10pmix
    Free Member

I have a 2014 Troy Carbon RR. I can’t really fault it. A lot of fun, easy to chuck about and climbs better than any trail bike I’ve had before. I’ve done Wales trips, a 113 mile South Downs Way ride and days at PORC on it and it’s always happy.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I talked myself into it 🙂

Just built up and had 1st shakedown ride. Really well balanced, quiet and pedals great.

http://www.dumpt.com/img/files/icun8a5haqp1lros00dw_thumb.jpgtroy

jamj1974

I think they are lovely looking bikes!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Devinci Troy, any real world experiences?’ is closed to new replies.