Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Devinci bikes – thoughts
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I was looking for a 150/140 bike and never really considered Devinci, even though is ridden a Dixon before. Having been recommended one, a Troy XP – 150mm front (pike) and 140mm rear,I started to look into it and noticed you don’t see many about or read about them on the forum.

Why is this? Is it because they aren’t available in most bike shops?

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

johnny

I’m currently finalising the build of my Atlas carbon, so I should be able to comment in a few days!

I had very little response from forum members here or elsewhere, but the reviews there are were very encouraging. Let’s hope I’m not a victim of internet hype, eh?

I got mine through Freeborn, they might do you a demo?

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Three of my mates have got troys and they love them, if you’re north west based try push bikes in Ambleside they have a small medium and a large that you’d be able to try and probably take for a spin cus the owner has one.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah it’s the Troy XP that I’m looking at. It looks great and with a pike fitted and a reverb stealth, has a good spec.

Looks great and the numbers look great too. 140mm rear and 150mm upfront seems just about right.

Also helps it looks spot in.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Generally only hear good things about them.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve only read one review that was negative but that was based on a strange kit they sent testers.

The only other bike I would want is the stumpy but not the 27.5.

bigdaddy

You just missed Freeborn’s 1st big demo day of the year yesterday where you could’ve ridden the whole Devinci range – next demo day is 26th May, so get to that if you can. The shop will also let you demo on a Sunday morning shop ride too, give them a call…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

So did anyone go to it? Anybody ride a Troy XP?

That’s who I’ll be getting mine from so I’ll give them a call.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Can’t vouch for their mtbs but if the road bike I bought off here is anything to go by then you’ll be getting a well made piece of kit. Their customer service is great too and they were prompt and very helpful with a couple of questions I had.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

They are bit like Ibis or Turner, if you have any issues you’ll usually get a quick reply from the main guy himself.

phil56

I haven’t ridden the Troy, so can only help with a view of Devinci bikes in general, and also Freeborn as a bike shop.

I’ve been riding a Carbon Atlas for the last 15 months, I’ve also got a slightly older Hectik and my wife rides a Dixon – so I guess you could say we’re Devinci fans!

They are staggeringly good bikes, incredibly well made and backed up with a life time warranty. The Dave Weagle designed suspension is as good as anything I’ve ridden and after that it’s up to your preferences for the rest of the build

The Troy looks superb, and from everything I’ve heard rides fantastically well.

I’ve purchased two of my bikes from Freeborn, and they’ve been brilliant to deal with. Friendly, knowledgeable and price competitive – I just wish they were a bit closer to where I live!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

It doesn’t matter how many bikes I look at, I’ve been in 6 shops in the last two days, I always come back to the Troy.

I really wanted a shop built bike I could ride straight away but I’ll have to lose the reverb and swap out the chain set.

Least I can sell the reverb I guess.

bigdaddy

I was leading rides on the demo day and the Troy was out all day long so plenty of people rode it – in fact it was the most popular bike there. Didn’t ride it myself so cant comment further, but try one!

plop_pants
    Free Member

hey DigDaddy! Your old Leo is still going strong! Perfect ride for the Flanders cobbles.

bigdaddy

Hey, plop pants – that’s great to see! Miss that bike, but absolutely love its replacement

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Well I just ordered a 2014 Devinci Troy XP.

Thought as buying a full build is go 650b.

Instead of spending most of my time building the bike I’m going to get out and actually ride more.

Can’t wait to get it now.

bigdaddy

Nice one, enjoy!

j3ffo
    Free Member

On my second Devinci now. Love them to bits… think I have turned into a fan boy. Want a Leo now to match

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Devinci bikes – thoughts’ is closed to new replies.