Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Devil's Punchbowl – Local accommodation? (bike friendly)
  • willard

After being forced to take a diversion off the road from Portsmouth to London (can't remember the name, it may be the A3) and seeing the awesomeness of the Devil's Punchbowl, I'm planning a trip down there for a weekend sometime soon to try out the new bike.

Does anyone have any recommendations for bike friendly, nice places to stay in a B&B stylee? If it's nice enough, I may even be able to convince my wife to come along with me, which would be great.

Cheers!

allthepies
    Free Member
    woody2000

Don't forget the roadworks on the A3 at hindhead. Thankfully, the Devils Punchbowl will soon be returned to nature 🙂

cakefest
    Free Member

Great place – silent, on gorgeous hillside with stunning views, lots of open space. Have put friends up here before. Biking out the door is bonkersly good singletrack. Only about two miles south of Haslemere, which is 1 mile south down the hill from Gibbet Hill, which is 500m from the rim of the PB. Achingly good riding round there, a good time will be had. Pubs and restaurants in Haslemere. Lived there for 7 years, grunting into London in the day, swooshing through the forests in the evenings, free.

http://www.deerfell.co.uk/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Devil's Punchbowl – Local accommodation? (bike friendly)’ is closed to new replies.