Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Devices for cleaning gutters
  • trailertrash

Does anyone have experience with any devices for cleaning (principally leaves) gutters on a two storey house from ground level i.e. without ladders. Recommendations?

somafunk

I dunno bout ground level but you could try a small child on a rope dangled from the attic window?.

project
    Free Member

http://www.theguttervacman.co.uk/default.html

On the Wirral, but probably others around, also i recomend my customers ask their window cleaner, as theyre got ladders and used to working at heights, and a nice little side line for them, as blocked gutters do so much damage.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sleepless
    Free Member

+1 somafunk. puts their climbing gear to good use.

samuri
    Free Member

Darling, would you do anything for me?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Man and ladder best option. Plus install mesh/chicken wire if ladders is not your comfort zone (speaking from experience here)

Edric64
    Free Member

Window cleaner here with a triple motor vacuum and long poles for gutter cleaning

cloudnine
    Free Member

Get wca round

bryan-g-

A ladder and a hand.

andywoods
    Free Member

do scouts still do bob-a job-week?

Brother_Will
    Free Member
    cheekyboy
    Free Member

Get one of them rc quadrocopters and tape a trowel to it !

Rio

I use one of these:

Not as easy to use as it looks though – think of trying to direct a jet engine on the end of a flexible 4m pole and you get the general idea. And the leaves inevitably land in your face as you look up, so those safety glasses aren’t there to look cool.

chojin
    Free Member

I hear WCA has started his own sideline in gutter clearing, perhaps ask him? 🙂

*edit* Bugger. Beaten to it.

althepal

I’ve heard that window cleaners and gutter cleaning type folk have been known to drop tennis balls and drinks cans down gutter downpipes so they block not long after requiring a further visit. Can then be removed thus magically solving the problem.. told this by a telephone engineer whos pulled a few out over the years apparently.

oldnick

Being a handyman I get to clean a good few gutters each year. The tennis balls get there via kids playing, er, tennis.

Only ever pulled cans out of gutters on the roads where a lot of yoofs walk back from getting tanked up down the park of a Friday night, could just be coincidence…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Devices for cleaning gutters’ is closed to new replies.