Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Devestated
  • honourablegeorge

Update from Last this morning. Production messup on the chainstays for the Fast Forward, the chainstays were made with the butted end the wrong way around and all need to be redone. Late February just became end of March.

First world problem, I know.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ouch.

Gotama
    Free Member

Frustrating. When I spoke to them a few weeks back they were confident of keeping to their schedule. Must be tough being a small manufacturer when these kind of out of control issues arise.

honourablegeorge

Yeah. To be fair to them, they did have a disclaimer on the Kicstarter page talking about how production problems can and do happen. I’m happier they found the issue in quality control than me finding it on a jump, I guess. All down to 0.2mm of tube thickness int he wrong spot.

I’m kind of impressed that a small manufacturer has that kind of QC in place for what must be a pretty a small batch of frames. Maybe a basic thing, but important – plenty of big/boutique brands that have sent out faulty chainstays.

bigjim

things being on the wrong way round doesn’t seem to stop on one

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

things being on the wrong way round doesn’t seem to stop on one

The first batch of fatty trail’s all went in the recycling bin for a similar reason (chain stays slightly the wrong shape).

So yes, yes it does.

Still bitter I missed the kickstarter on this!

honourablegeorge

You can still order them… extra 100 Euro and you miss out on a free tshirt, but same frame

Rorschach
    Free Member

I was just about to order one at the weekend…..probably still will.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Devestated’ is closed to new replies.