• This topic has 270 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 271 total)
  • Detectorists PSA
  • outofbreath
    Free Member

Back on track!

That’s my take.

I thought the first three of this series were dissapointing and lost the look and feel of Series 1/2.

This hit the sweet spot again AFAIC.

…and the Force Ten tent was a lovely touch.

kayla1
    Free Member

Quick question though – do we know who the ‘fourth’ was during the night time stakeout/bust (with Peter and the plane) from last series??

The fourth was the mayor (he of lost chain of office fame that Russ and Hugh found that got them the permission to dig there), it was his land they were digging on.

It’s one of the highlights of the telly week 😀

muddy@rseguy

Lance being able to “sense” his TR7 returning home, Cycling proficiency badges, connect4 and KerPlunk.

Heaven 🙂

ian martin
    Free Member

Love the cinematography and music. The attention to detail is brilliant but the new Sophie is awful, her accent is all over the place,more Irish than West Country.

And Simon & Garfunkal lookalike baddies is genius.

wallop

New Sophie?

papamountain
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/Q58Gm18-IMY[/video]

burt
    Free Member

Came across about 30 guys all at the edge of a freshly ploughed field last Sunday. I thought they were a bunch of the local Bird Murdering Toffs from afar. Turns out they were detectorists. For some reason I just blurted out ‘Lance’ as I got to where they had set up the finds table. Got at least 5 dirty looks.

tinribz
    Free Member

New Sophie?

Maybe they mean the new Becky, she seems so different this series. Could be the hair style or post pregnancy, she looked better last series with a bit more weight on.

kelvin

So need a soundtrack CD.
    “Magpies” by the UnThanks is so haunting, and love that theme song.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That YouTube link above then took me to Magpie by Unthanks but the clip was the hawking whistle which has just made me realise how subtle the major story arc has been from the beginning. Sounds like a good excuse to binge watch the series so far.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

ian martin – Member

Love the cinematography and music. The attention to detail is brilliant but the new Sophie is awful, her accent is all over the place,more Irish than West Country.

I think you’re confusing Sophie from the previous 2 series with Kate, who is Lance’s daughter.

slowoldman

I think you’re confusing Sophie from the previous 2 series with Kate, who is Lance’s daughter.

and Irish.

verses

I really enjoy this show. The BBC has a knack for commissioning/picking up little gems and this is certainly one of them.

Another one I really enjoyed, which I thought had a similar feel to Detectorists, was Jennifer Saunders’ Jam and Jerusalem. Thought it was a shame when that got axed.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I watched Series 1 & 2 again over the weekend including the Christmas special and completely forgot about Andy and Becky going to Botswana and Toni coming into it.

So many great moments remembered though and I have to say there were a lot more great Lance and Andy conversations in the previous two series than there seems to be in this one. I’m not sure if Mackenzie is trying to develop other characters more but the current series is poorer for it in my opinion.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

And there it was.
    Sublime.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Ricky Lenin would be proud.
    Great stuff.

jj55

Just one left 😥

mucker

Just a few steps more up that tree…..

kelvin

B A T

pk13

last night’s was good loved the hedgehog

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty dismal by their standards. No real Lance and Andy banter, No DMDC and just tying up ends for the finale next week.

If series 1 had all been like this there wouldn’t have been a series 2.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

If series 1 had all been like this there wouldn’t have been a series 2.

Yup, with you on that, I still think its the best thing on telly, but it does seem to be not as good as the first and second series..

There are glimpses of what it was, it just falls short of the mark.

Having said that, the DVD has been pre-ordered.. 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

“What’s in the crate?”

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Its’ another thank you to STW …. Im new to this excellent show and have only seen season 3.

Just love it’s slow pace, British summer time, birds tweeting, character empathy and the subtle funnies…. I find it wonderfully relaxing, I can almost feel my heart rate lower.

And it sounds as if I’ve got better to come by going back to 1 and 2

Im going to ration myself to 1 a week and that will hopefully see me through these dark days of winter.

pk13

along with Back it’s on par with the best of the last 5 years well written and not a vehicle for B list celebs.

the staircase gag was good last night both looking to the heavens

somafunk

“Steve……Can i find a safe home for this?”

“Wot’s that?, A porcupine?”

“Porcupine?…..Are you serious?, it’s a hedgehog”

“I thought hedgehogs were flat”

“Squashed dead ones are flat……live ones are ……..spherical”

And that is why we have brexit in nutshell imho

Sorry……couldn’t resist but i now feel ashamed for polluting a thread about one of the finest BBC programs ever.

colournoise

Love the way it switches from subtle and slow to properly silly without skipping a beat – the scene where they decided to go under the tape was genius.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

And that is why we have brexit in nutshell imho

But you’re not being humble are you? You’re just another sad remoaner never missing a chance to bleat…

Get over it.

somafunk

Get in…..I’ve caught one………first cast as well!, that’s another one to add to the stw premier gold account brexiter list – 3 more names outed and I move up to platinum 😉

sc-xc

Edit. Not going to contribute to the derailment of a thread about the best thing on telly. Apologies.

kerley
    Free Member

Enjoying series 3 but to me it should have ended on series 2 as it was such a natural conclusion. It turns more soap like the longer it goes on.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Last one tonight chaps.. 😐

simondbarnes

🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Hope the last one is better than the previous 2, which turned into comedy cliché by numbers.

DezB
    Free Member

Well, that was much more like it. 🙂

simondbarnes

Wonderful

mucker

Yeeha.

oldtennisshoes

Very good

markrh
    Free Member

🙂

markrh
    Free Member

🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 271 total)

The topic ‘Detectorists PSA’ is closed to new replies.