Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • destination X the alps
  • germolene
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden this area before with the Co. Trail addiction. I have been on their down hill weeks and it was fab. I wanted to get a feeling first

legend
    Free Member

Everything I’ve heard so far has been very positive about Areches-Beaufort . Haven’t been myself but several friends did the sort of sample ride you can do when staying in Peisey, they came back beaming!

e.g.

alfabus
    Free Member

We went this summer. It was pretty bloody good. Unless of course you don’t like doing multiple 20km, 2000m descents each day.

Dave

northeastAndy
    Free Member

I’ve just booked up for Destination X for August, looks and sounds fantastic.
    I did a week with Trailaddiction in Les Arcs a couple of years back and the whole week was faultless, even riding in the rain was great fun.

smeg
    Free Member

Did it this summer. Really enjoyed it, riding was very good.

Because it’s new Imo It’s not as good a set up as over in Les arcs, so a lot of van uplifts rather than chairlifts & use of buses…those switchback climbs up the road get tiresome by the end of the week! Also preferred the Chalet system over at Les Arcs rather than a Hotel, but only 5 of us there for the week we went so maybe in a few years if it grows.

Be prepared for a bit more pedalling/pushing to get to the trails, a dropper post is very useful. The Bike Park is great fun which we did on our day off. The 2 runs down to Albertville were amazing, the ridge ride is very scenic but a big effort to get there (worth it on a nice day though).

I’d def do it again. Stru & Ollie both top blokes to ride with.

northeastAndy
    Free Member

What is the uphill stuff like for destination X?
    I’m happy to pedal up anything but at a slow mincing pace and so worry about holding the rest of the group up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘destination X the alps’ is closed to new replies.