Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • destickering Stans rims
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

I want to make my Trigger less ‘whatever’. Is it easy to get the stickers off the rims? I intend to desticker the Lefty too. Any downside in terms of resale value?

stevied
    Free Member

Pretty easy to take the stickers off my Flows. Look much better IMO too. You can always replace them if you’re worried about resale value. The stans stickers are pretty cheap..

oxym0r0n

If you pick the edge up and then pull carefully/slowly they should come off in one

RustySpanner

I just left the pressure chart on the forks, in case someone borrows the bike.

I’d pay just the same amount for destickered stuff btw, but you’re limiting your market.

singlespeedstu

You could always put some of these on in place of the Stans ones. 😉
    http://www.slikgraphics.com/collections/enve/products/enve-am-style-rim-decals

nedrapier

If you warm them up with a hairdryer, the glue softens a bit and the plastic of the sticker becomes less brittle – quicker and easier to get them off in one piece.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Yep hairdryer for a few mins on hot setting then they just peel off easy peasy from the corner.

Going to order some stealth versions from slik myself I think.

nuke

Going to order some stealth versions from slik myself I think.

I was going to do that for my Flow rims but have silk stopped doing decals for stans? Couldn’t find them on the site 😕

v55drw
    Free Member

When I got mine they said to pay for custom graphic vouchers and just fill in the notes with which Stan’s logos you want due to some ongoing dispute with Stans I believe. Better than the original stickers too, love slik graphics for the little details or revamping.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Finally did the fork and rims:

Looked a bit graphics heavy at the back so I taped over the details on the seatstays and think it looks better, so off to get some black vinyl to do it properly. And get some matte black logos cut for the Lefty.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘destickering Stans rims’ is closed to new replies.