Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Desperately need to find someone capable of stripping and repsraying susp forks!
  • dillinger23
    Free Member

I have a really great set of Magura Durin 100s (white), but having recently bought a new frame in a lovely burgundy and all the parts/groupset being black, the whole thing is black and red….. except for the forks! I am not up to stripping, or rather I’m worried I would fudge the rebuilding of a pair of forks, so does anyone know of someone up to the task of doing this? any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Jason jasonspain@gmail.com

br
    Free Member

I’ve a set of Thor’s and after watching a vid on YouTube it took about 5 mins to take them apart. Only difficulty would be the seals.

Otherwise I’d guess at £100.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I stripped and did some 66s the other day, spraying took and hr, 4 coats of lacquer and rebuild. Not hard at all.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

IF your really patient just mask everything off including doing the stantions near the seals , round the back is hardest but not impossible just use a wooden lolly stick or similar to guide the masking tape in place
    Then remove the decals with a hairdryer and the sticky residue with thinners/petrol etc then a good wipe clean and key with some fine wet and dry
    Hang them up and spray with black plasticote available from B and Q
    A few coats and then ebay/ google for new decals

cynic-al
    Free Member

Don’t **** about for goodness’ sake, buy some black or burgundy forks.

Any paid respray will cost more than this and any DIY job will fall off when it sees any rocks.

kayak23
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Desperately need to find someone capable of stripping and repsraying susp forks!’ is closed to new replies.