Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Desperate to borrow …
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

… or hire – audio cassette tape deck. For transferring analogue track to digital file. Can anybody help? Surrey area. 🙁

jekkyl

bet one can be had on ebay for pence.

allthepies
    Free Member

About £13 on the ‘bay.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Needs to have a decent quality read head? I’ll have a look…

jekkyl

probably cost you a bit more than £13 for decent quality head 👿

camo16
    Free Member

probably cost you a bit more than £13 for decent quality head

Unless you’re ski. 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yeah, spotted a Nakamichi but £102 is a bit steep for single use…

footflaps

Anything with an auto-reverse swap over head thing will have worn all it’s bushes and have crap head alignment rather than a worn head…..

BobaFatt
    Free Member

last time I did this I used a walkman and a mini jack to mini jack cable. Ran the audio through Audacity and bobs your mothers brother

loddrik
    Free Member

I bought one off eBay, the quality was shite!!! Would be interested to hear how the OP gets on in transferring as am really keen to get all my old cassettes onto iTunes but not worth if the quality isn’t good.

Hadge
    Free Member

Look for a 3-head Aiwa deck as they had very good reviews when produced years ago. Naks are mighty fine but collectors keep the prices up. I have a Dragon that sadly needs a bit of TLC or else otherwise you could have loaned it out. Should get it seen to and flog it as they go for stupid money, instead of it being stored away in it’s box. Oh well never mind.
    You could always buy a decent deck then sell it once you’ve done what you need doing but then you take a risk on it not selling again.

DezB
    Free Member

I recently converted an old demo tape to Mp3 using my Sony minidisc micro- hi-fi. Tape->minidisc->minidisc->computer. Worked ok, quality is about the same as the cassette version.. here (note- 1983!).
    I have got a decent quality tape deck, but it’s all packed up to move house, so if you can wait until end of August I’d be able to help out…

plyphon
    Free Member

Ask any music faculty at a local university – they might help you out.

tonyg2003

I have a 3 head Aiwa sitting here at my home office and this tread has tempted me crank it up and to get some of my old tapes out. Where are you Mr Whoppit?

DezB
    Free Member

Surrey area

StuF

I’ve a Yamaha tape deck that’s sat around doing nothing (it was a 4/5 star what hifi back in the day) – collection from Notts / Derby area if that’s any help

CountZero

If you’d been near Bristol/Bath, you could have borrowed my Aiwa AD-F770, but Surrey’s a bit too far away, I’m afraid. Sorry.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Desperate to borrow …’ is closed to new replies.